Assistant Project Manager THTA87184
To manage the delivery of development schemes, ensuring quality, cost certainty, timeliness whilst maintaining compliance and standards at all times.
This details the core duties and expectations of the roles are to:
- Lead and manage the Project Team including consultants, internal customers and contractors, taking ownership and accountability for all elements of projects for which you are responsible. These are likely to be smaller and less complex projects than those managed by project managers/ senior project managers
- Support project managers in the delivery of larger more complex developments
- Actively engage in the new business and planning stages of development, working with the commercial team to ensure smooth, effective delivery.
- Ensure all Projects are delivered on time, within budget and to specified quality standards. Monitoring and reporting both throughout the duration of the project and reporting changes in line with agreed parameters and offering challenge and interrogation to costs safeguarding the Trust at all times.
- Compliantly procure all products and services in line with internal and legal requirements.
- Negotiate and agree contractual arrangements, build plans and programmes and cashflow forecasting with contractors and align with internal reporting procedures.
- Agree a clear project strategy with Sales to ensure direct involvement throughout the Project ensuring show home delivery to enable timely sales launch and that customer choice offer is agreed.
- Establish and maintain fully compliant Homes England audit files at the start of each scheme. Ensure that all necessary systems and performance measures are updated with relevant information for use by Senior Managers and other areas of the business.
- All aspects of Health and safety on site and reporting requirements. Management of the appointed consultants.
- Actively manage, report and react to all Risks associated with the Project.
- Ensure compliant handovers of all properties, manage transfer of responsibilities to Aftercare.
- Other reasonable duties in line with the needs of the Trust, to ensure effective delivery of allocated developments.
It is essential that the successful candidate has excellent project management skills, a strong command of MS Office, and excellent verbal and written skills. They must be a good communicator, with experience of taking part in complex negotiations.
Project Management and/or construction experience is also essential, as is a degree, or formal qualifications in a relevant field.
Trafford Housing Trust (THT) is an independent housing company providing more than 9,000 quality affordable homes within the Trafford area of Manchester and across the North West. As a social enterprise, we are a ‘profit-for-purpose’ organisation, striving for a society transformed, free from poverty, inequality and injustice.
In April 2019 we announced that we will be joining the L&Q Group within the coming months, in an exciting deal that will see us build 20,000 new homes across the NW. This represents ambitious growth and a huge vote of confidence in THT’s team and track record.
What Trafford Housing Trust can offer you:
Trafford Housing Trust encourages a healthy work/life balance with family friendly policies and we offer an attractive benefits package for employees, as well as a competitive and transparent system of pay and reward. These benefits include:
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Access to the Social Housing Defined Contribution pension scheme
- Free Trafford Leisure Gym Membership
- Access to Westfield Health Plan
- Annual leave allowance starting at 20 days per annum and rising to 30 days per annum with service
We’re actively building diverse teams and encourage applications from everybody. We want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities we serve.
Closing date: 11th September 2019
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.