Junior Web Designer / Developer
LISTEN CREATIVE LTD
Junior Web Designer/Developer
The role will require someone with experience of developing customer templates and the ability to design & develop intuitive and engaging websites driven by back-end database and content management systems for varied clients across multiple sectors.
HTML5, PHP, MYSQL, CSS3 and jQuery are the essential skills required. XHTML and XML are ‘preferable' but not essential. You will be expertly proficient in Adobe CS, predominately Photoshop, XD and InDesign. You will possess the ability to create apps for iOS, Android etc, interactive PDF's and iPad publications or a desire to learn.
The right candidate will come with a proven track record of 2+ years of commercial WordPress and PHP development experience with good PHP/WordPress and MySQL skills and the ability to build clean and qualitative high-end code. You should have excellent written and oral communication skills, come with a hands-on, resourceful and passionate approach, keen to collaborate as part of a team but also able to work well individually with minimal supervision. You should be able to work on several projects at once and be able to meet tight dead-lines.
The right candidate will have the ability to determine the ‘brief’ from start to finish. This typically involves:
- Meeting the clients to discuss timescales and design options
- Advising clients on what is technically possible and researching alternative approaches
- Ability to prepare concepts for client to presentation. This may involve sketching out some ideas or storyboards or producing a few screens of information
- Produce the final files ready for publishing
- Publishing sites. Comfortable with Domain management, setting DNS records and web hosting control panels
- Integration of existing sites
- App submission and testing
We are by our very nature, a creative team and we would expect the right candidate to embrace this challenge, bringing their own ideas to the table and having the confidence in themselves and belief to present to the whole creative team. This is an excellent, full-time career opportunity for someone wanting to work at an established open-minded, creative company, in the heart of Liverpool, with blue chip clients, from all sectors.
Salary dependent on experience.
Click apply below for further information and to submit a copy of your CV and portfolio.