Supply Chain Planner
- Full Time
Leading Pharmaceutical Manufacturer based in Cheshire seeks an experienced Supply Chain Planner - Master Scheduler
About the role:
The Commercial Officer will be responsible for Purchasing, Planning, and maintaining the Supply Chain from customer order receipt to dispatch. Main Supplier contact regarding orders and related commercial enquiries. The role exists to ensure that site KPI's are achieved and that business cash flow is optimised. The role provides Supply Chain leadership in the key focus areas of Operational Excellence, Cost Control & Customer Service.
Duties may include:
- Responsible for the input of customer orders and managing through to planning and dispatch, through planning scenario's.
- Responsible for the purchasing of raw materials and packaging to ensure customer orders are fulfilled OTIF and that the factory plan can be achieved, seeking opportunities for savings, price breaks and improved ways of working. Providing forecasts to suppliers to block capacity at their site.
- Eliminate short term and last-minute weekly plan changes to reduce waste in the supply chain. Introduce plan stability and agree achievable delivery dates with customers, that align to internal lead-times per department.
- Responsible for supplier contact in relation to order management & general commercial enquiries.
- Provide projected spends on materials and ways of working to stabilise cash flow using JIT approach.
- Ensure full compliance with the MHRA Rules and Guidance Notes for Pharmaceutical products ' Orange Guide ' for Supply Chain and Distribution functions ( GDP)
- Effectively monitor stock value and stock levels on site.
- Participation in project activities as defined from time to time.
- Set Up of new Bill of Materials and item codes, and updates to existing through the QMS system
- Raising Quality documents i.e Change Control when suppliers or customers request changes, to ensure assessments are obtained prior to any implementation.
Skills and experience:
- Ideally 3 years' experience within a supply chain environment.
- Computer literate, a high skill level in the use of a variety of computer systems; inventory systems such as SAP, MRP or financial management systems (ideally SAGE 1000) is desirable. Microsoft Office and Excel knowledge is essential.