Are you an amazing writer and editor wanting to make an impact in education? Can you adapt your writing style for multiple channels including social media, internal communications and corporate publications?
Joining NFER as a Communications Executive, your focus will be to plan and deliver a wide range of high-quality and appropriately targeted communications content for both internal and external NFER audiences. The role is pivotal in increasing awareness of NFER and the impact of its work, engaging with policy makers and education experts but also ensuring our colleagues are well informed.
We are looking for a creative, skilled and talented writer who is able to turn their hand to different outlets with a love of all things social, with a good working knowledge and proven experience of writing creative copy and editing blogs, articles and news stories for internal and external use.
You will be editing our bi-monthly staff newsletter, developing content for the intranet, working with colleagues across the Foundation to identify stories and gain international experience working on case studies, brochures and website content for audiences around the globe. We also have ambitious plans to develop more video content, so you’ll be creating storyboards and working with external producers as well.
Your technical background:
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Experience of writing for a range of audiences and channels
- A track record of working with internal teams as a communications expert
- Experience of briefing and working with creative agencies and third-party suppliers
You’ll love this job, if:
- You enjoy writing!
- You’re good at relationship-building
- You can work efficiently and accurately - proofread, fact check, and edit your own copy as well as that of external contributors
- You are flexible and creative with strong communication skills
You don’t need to have worked in education or for a not for profit charity, but we’re eager to hear from you if you have. You may have held similar positions as a communications officer or internal communications executive, as a blogger or content writer or editor.
NFER has a worldwide reputation as a leading independent provider of education research and analysis. We are a registered charity that has contributed evidence, in-depth knowledge, and research expertise to support the creation of an excellent education for all children and young people for over seventy years. Improving the lives of children and young people is at the heart of everything we do.
- Competitive salary of £30,880 - £34,756
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking
- 30 days’ holiday per year plus Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days
- Excellent support for professional development
- Great work/life balance (35 hours worked per week)
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
Applications are to be submitted by midnight on 15th September 2019.
Interviews are planned for 19th & 20th September 2019.
So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as a Communications Executive, apply via the button shown. This vacancy has been placed by Webrecruit on behalf of NFER.