1 day left
- Full Time
Job Title: Scrum Master
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Job type: Permanent, Full time
They are the world's leading cloud native communications Software Company, whose award-winning solutions help power more than 1,000 service providers and mobile operators, providing highly scalable and fault tolerant systems that run right in the core of their networks. They're internationally renowned for their exceptional technology, cutting-edge innovation and first-rate support - qualities they maintain by only recruiting, and retaining, the very best people.
They're incredibly proud of the company culture, and rightly so; they have a collaborative working environment where free and open dialog is welcomed, and they avoid internal politics at all costs. The aim is to seek out the better, faster and simpler solution, while supporting, challenging and developing each other.
The Midlands office is located in the outskirts of Coventry, which has good transport links to Coventry and surrounding towns like Leamington Spa, Warwick, Rugby and Solihull with many excellent schools and other facilities in the vicinity.
They're looking to recruit a new Scrum Master into the Engineering team responsible for Perimeta, the world leading cloud native carrier-class virtualised Session Border Controller, based in their Midlands office.
The Engineering team is the heart of the company - they are first and foremost an engineering company built on a community of driven, smart people who want to work in leading edge technology and make a real difference to the industry. They have a strong company ethos for on-time delivery of top-quality and high-performance products within a non-political culture.
As a member of the Perimeta Engineering team you will work in an agile team developing new features and product enhancements - dealing with complex systems, large codebases, and high scale. They work with a wide range of technologies such as the latest virtualisation, container and cloud deployment technologies. They currently use Jira to administer the scrum process.
After an initial ramp-up period, the successful candidate will be responsible for
- Promote Agile values, principles and practices within the teams
- Coach, mentor and empower the team around them as a servant-leader
- Work with the Product Owner to manage the team's backlog effectively
- Enhance trust and collaboration within the team
- Contribute to the resolution of impediments, both within the team and across the organisation, to optimise the team's effectiveness
- Collect, publish and react to team metrics collected from Jira
- A good graduate degree and a versatile and creative mind with excellent problem-solving ability
- Self-motivation, inventiveness, energy and self-discipline
- Excellent communications skills
- Previous Scrum Master experience in one or more teams, along with a strong knowledge of scrum theory and practices
- The ability to work effectively in a team and mentor/educate other team members
Their scrum masters are often technical team members as well, so the following attributes are useful but not essential.
- Expertise in object oriented and scripting languages
- Knowledge of a variety of development tools and applications, from e. CI/CD with git at one end to gdb at the other
- Experience working with very large codebases (multiple millions of lines of code) and complex systems
- Experience of all parts of the development process
- Experience of communications and telecoms software (particularly SIP, DIAMETER and DNS)
They're looking for exceptional people and your initial salary will reflect your exceptional skills and ability. Your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
They also offer a competitive package of benefits including a substantial bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
They offer the opportunity to do an interesting and challenging job in a well-managed and successful company. The Company is proud of their focus on and commitment to employees, and that their staff retention is exceptionally high. They're a company that appreciates and looks after their people and demonstrate that in a number of ways including regular funded "morale events" from lunches or evenings out with your team to weekends away.
Every employee has a career development plan with no limitations on the direction your career will take with them.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Scrum Master, Scrummaster, Agile Lead, Agile Scrum Master, Agile Scrum Lead, Jira, Software Engineer may also be considered for this role.