Property Manager / Lettings Manager
Job Title: Property Manager
Location: Wembley, London
Salary: Up to £45,000 + benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
A successful entrepreneurial family company is looking to recruit a Property Manager to head up their Property Management department that manages the company's privately owned property portfolio predominantly in North West & Central London which comprises of circa 250 properties.
The property portfolio comprises of HMO's, self-contained flats, houses and commercial property.
As head of property management, you will have your own portfolio of residential property and be responsible for a team of property managers, manging portfolio's in the local area.
The ideal candidate will have experience working for a large property company / landlord in managing their entire property portfolio as well as leading an in house team of property managers. This role is for someone who is both passionate and thrives in a fast paced environment acting like the owner of the business and effectively stepping into the shoes of the Landlord.
- Full valid driving licence
- Minimum of 5 years prior property management experience is essential
- Vacant properties / viewings
- HMO Licencing
- Maintenance - planned / cyclical
- Properties becoming available / advertising
- Rent arrears
- Lettings and management and a clear understanding of Assured Shorthold tenancies
- Maximising rental income and ensuring voids are kept to a minimum
- Driving continuous improvement in the property management processes
- Carrying out property inspections both planned and ad hoc
- Carrying out evictions and dealing with both the County Court and Bailiffs where necessary
- Managing and motivating a team
- Supporting staff to ensure tenants satisfaction and a compliant property management service
- A good understanding of property maintenance and overseeing in house contractors as well as third party contractors
- Dealing with ad hoc problems and unforeseeable situations
- Property management software packages
- Planning routine and reactive maintenance
- Regular liaison and reporting to the Company CEO
- Having leadership qualities as well as working effectively alone
- Ensuring properties are well maintained and costs are well controlled
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Handling complaints and providing solutions
- Familiar with local authority licencing requirements
The core hours will be Monday - Friday 9am-6pm, although you may be required to work additional hours should it be necessary - they will require complete flexibility in this regard.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV & Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Lettings Manager, Property Manager, Lettings Assistant, Lettings, Tenancy, Researcher, Experienced Letting Assistant, Lettings Advertising, Property, Letting Maintenance, Lettings Organiser, Lettings Legislations, Tenancy Agreements will also be considered for this role.