Architectural Technician / Architect Assistant
1 day left
- Full Time
Job Title: Architectural Technician
Salary: Competitive + Package
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is an established property development company within the heart of Nottingham which is looking to expand its in house architectural team. The architecture department is currently responsible for concept design, brief development, planning processes, technical design, building regulation adherence, construction drawings and quality control during on site delivery.
The role is for a technically minded individual who enjoys problem solving and detailing. The chosen candidate would be primarily office-based working on design and technical drawings for a number of high-level projects including both large scale residential conversions, new build housing estates and some commercial schemes.
Despite being largely office based the candidate will have considerable opportunities to attend live sites as they will be expected to conduct quality control visits to their respective projects weekly.
The candidate would report directly to the Architectural Manager and would work alongside the existing design technicians.
This will be an exciting opportunity for a young, enthusiastic individual to join a forward-thinking development company. The role will provide candidates with more responsibility, site experience, and autonomy and career progression from the typical architectural assistant / technician roles currently available on the job market.
- Minimum of 2 years working for an architectural practice or related construction/ development firm
- Architectural related degree. Technical-based degree (Architecture BSC, Architectural Technology etc.) will be at an advantage
- Production of building regulation drawings
- Production of tender drawings
- Production of planning drawings
- Work well under pressure
- Work well within a team environment but have the ability to work autonomously when needed
- Be outgoing and motivated
- Have a willingness to learn, develop and expand their knowledge and experience and skills
- Good communicator
- Be effective problem solvers
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Able to use the following programmes
- Autocad 2013-2020 - Critical software (This is the primary working platform for the office)
- Sketchup Pro
- Photoshop CC
- Coordinating design and technical consultants
- Coordination of design and technical drawings on site with contractors
- Working on projects which involve the conversion of old buildings into residential
- Working on new build housing schemes
- Competitive salary as well as enjoying working within a fast moving, award winning team
- Developments and training opportunities, excellent holidays, a varied workload and a clear path to progress
- A car allowance is available
- Further benefits and bonuses are available for the right candidate who can assist the company with its rapid growth plans
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Architectural Design Consultant, Architectural Technician, Architect, Architect Assistant, Trainee Architect, Building Surveyor may also be considered for the role.
Apply for Architectural Technician / Architect Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly