Ossett, West Yorkshire
Are you an experienced, self-motivated Warehouse Operative looking for your next role? Want to broaden your skill-set and develop your career with a globally successful business? If so, read on.
Who will I be working for?
Newly Weds Foods is a specialist manufacturer of pioneering food products. With a strong focus on innovation, quality and continuous improvement, we supply a diverse range of products to major manufacturers across the globe.
We are now looking for a Warehouse Operative to join our friendly team in Ossett.
What are the benefits?
- Competitive salary
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Group personal pension plan
- Entry into Medicash health scheme
- 20 days’ holiday plus statutory holidays
- Summer BBQ
- Gift voucher at Christmas
- Free on-site parking
Our impressive global network of research and development, manufacturing and service facilities enables us to serve customers in more than 68 countries. But despite our size and scope, we’ve continued to be an independent, family-owned business that answers only to the needs of our customers.
To keep pace with our customers’ requirements and expectations, we are continuously investing in our employees and our business, making this the ideal environment in which to build a career to be proud of.
What will I be doing?
As a Warehouse Operative, you’ll support the day-to-day running of our warehouse.
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, you’ll help to ensure the safe receipt, storage and dispatch of goods and products in-line with customer and business requirements.
Your duties will include:
- Completing process, quality, hygiene and HACCP checks
- Ensuring that all production areas have the correct raw materials at the right time
- Reporting any quality issues
- Helping to maintain GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) and high cleaning standards
- Providing cover for the FLT Drivers/Manufacturing Operatives when required
What will I need?
To join us as a Warehouse Operative, you’ll need:
- Experience of working within a warehouse
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and hygiene procedures
- The ability to operate reach, counterbalance and ride on pallet trucks
- Strong numeracy skills
- Proficiency in IT packages
Experience in the FMCG or food industry would be beneficial to your application, but this isn’t essential.
We’d like to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Warehouse Assistant, Distribution Operative, Logistics Operative, Warehouse & Distribution Operative, Logistics Assistant or Warehouse Co-ordinator.
This is a full time role, working alternate shifts of 6:00 – 14:00 and 14:00 – 22:00 with a one hour paid break. Due to the nature of this role, some flexibility regarding these hours will be required.
Webrecruit and Newly Weds Foods are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Warehouse Operative, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.