Maintenance Engineer / Field Service Engineer
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
Location: Field Based covering London and surrounding area
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 + bonus per annum + van
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a leading provider of natural and smoke ventilation systems to business and local authority customers across the UK since 1988.
As a Maintenance Engineer working remotely, you will be required to deliver a professional and efficient service in relation to the testing, repair, inspection and maintenance (both planned & reactive) of life safety smoke control systems.
- Test, repair, inspection and maintenance of a wide range of life safety equipment in accordance with the relevant legislation, company specification and manufacturers guidelines
- Document tasks completed and other relevant information pertaining to the visit, in a service report, recorded using iPhone provided and/or correct paperwork
- To provide detailed defect reporting and to liaise with clients to resolve defects, advise on the possible causes and solutions to prevent reoccurrence
- You will be servicing smoke ventilation controls at different sites throughout the south of England.
- You are to provide full assistance to the sales team and maintenance office in the preparation of remedial quotations.
- To liaise with the maintenance office and sales teams highlighting potential sales opportunities for the full range of products and services offered by them
The successful Candidate will:
- Will have a strong ability to fault find and undertake technical assessment with a view to resolving problems
- Have effective defect reporting with the ability to convey viable suggestions for resolution of issues
- Good organisational and planning skills to ensure that tasks are completed in an efficient and timely manner whilst working autonomously
- Needs to be self-driven with an ability to converse with customers and colleagues in a polite and respectful manner
- Will preferably have a Fire Alarm or Smoke Ventilation qualification
- Some experience of working within the smoke ventilation/ life safety industry
- Needs to have a flexible approach
- Will be required to occasionally work unsociable hours
- Have an understanding of electrical circuits within control panels
- An ability to problem-solve, think outside of the box and provide thorough solutions
- Will have a professional appearance reflecting the company's values
- Have a Full driving licence (max 6 points)
- 17th or 18th Edition Electrical qualification or other recognised electrical qualification
- Gold Card Electrician with testing and inspecting qualifications
- Site experience, ideally holding a CSCS Card
- Experience working at height
You must be flexible on working hours. You will be expected to work Monday through to Fridays and be onsite standard business hours. Occasionally you may be required to attend to an emergency callout with little notice dependant on the nature of the defect.
- 23 days paid holiday, increasing up to a maximum of 30 days
- Laptop & iPhone
- Group Pension Scheme
- Company funded activities at Christmas and in the summer
- Development Programme, up to 100% funding for development programmes
- Company funded Bupa health plan after qualifying period
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Field Service Engineer, Service Engineer, Multi-skilled Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Mobile Technician, Fault Repair Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Mobile Engineer Controller, Operations Coordinator, Operations Supervisor may also be considered for this role.