Patent Formalities Assistant (EP Grant) - 12 month FTC
Patent Formalities Assistant (EP Grant) - 12 Month FTC
Are you a highly-organised and diligent IP administrator with experience in EP Grant procedures? Are you looking to take on a rewarding contract with a leading European firm? If so, Withers & Rogers want to hear from you.
As an EP Grant Formalities Assistant, you will play an integral role in the EP Grant team, providing first-rate administrative support and delivering a deadline-driven service to our internal and external clients.
This is initially a 12 month fixed-term contract to cover maternity leave, and is available on a part-time or full-time basis. Tell us about the flexibility you need and we'll work around you.
Working alongside a team of five, you will:
- Set up new files and instruct French and German patent attorneys to prepare translations of the claims for meeting the Rule 71(3) EPC requirements
- Prepare grant estimates
- File French and German translations of the claims at the EPO
- Pay official grant and printing fees using EPO online filing software
- Prepare power of attorney forms
- Print emails and manage incoming EP grant post
To join us as an EP Grant Formalities Assistant, you will need:
- Knowledge and experience of the European patent grant procedure
- Experience in a similar role, particularly in responding to official communications under Rule 71(3)
- A track record of excellent multi-tasking and forward-planning
- Experience of communicating effectively with staff at all levels and clients
- A proactive approach to work and the ability to think on your feet
With offices in Bristol, Leamington Spa, London, Munich and Sheffield, Withers & Rogers are one of Europe’s largest dedicated intellectual property law firms.
Established more than 130 years ago, we remain as passionate as ever about delivering the very best for our clients.
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare cash plan
- Competitive pension scheme
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhance your experience with a leading firm that promotes a healthy work/life balance
- Positive and welcoming work environment
- Flexible working
- Season ticket loan
You will receive a comprehensive induction, as well as excellent training and support from colleagues to enable you to hit the ground running, rise to new challenges and succeed in your role.
Our London office is located in stunning More London Riverside, with great views over the Thames and Tower Bridge. Transport links are abundant, with London Bridge Station just 10 minutes’ walk away as well as many bus routes.
To apply for the role of Patent Formalities Assistant (EP Grant) (12 Month FTC), please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Patent Formalities Assistant, Patent Assistant, EMEA Patent Assistant, Patents Legal Assistant, International Patent Assistant, Intellectual Property Legal Assistant, Patent Formalities Administrator, Patent Records & Formalities Assistant, Patent Administrator, IP Legal Assistant, or IP Legal Secretary.