Graduate Analyst / Graduate Data Administrator
Job title: Analyst
Location: London, WC2N
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Competition, regulatory and commercial disputes are increasingly resolved in the courts or by special tribunals. These require experts with the skills and competence to draft expert reports and present the quantification of damages and supporting evidence.
This Company is a new organisation within their larger Company Group. They work with corporate clients and law firms to quantify how much they paid for the products and services they were overcharged for. Located next to Charing Cross station in the London headquarters of the Group, employees benefit from the first class infrastructure, support and stability of a large firm yet with a "small team" atmosphere.
They are currently recruiting for a talented graduate to join their team as an Analyst. If you have a Bachelors in a quantitative subject and would like to begin a career in analytics they would like to hear from you.
As an Analyst you will assist quantification experts with all aspects of their job, mainly gathering historical data from primary and secondary sources as well as undertaking the administrative activities required to capture and document the provenance of the data.
The role involves:
- Researching a range of public domain data and intelligence sources to populate databases
- Client interaction to gather data, ensuring correspondence is dealt with accurately and deadlines are met
- Provide general research and administrative support to the PS Analytics team
Specific role and responsibilities:
- Find, assess and populate databases with historical data from the public domain and other intelligence sources
- Gather information from clients, ensuring correspondence from clients is logged, checked and acknowledged in a timely manner
- Maintain records such that they can be submitted as evidence, if required
- Work on projects alongside Data Analysts and Scientists
- Capture data from the data sources when it does not exist digitally
- Work in special projects to increase productivity
- Maintain sales records in the prospect database
Knowledge & experience
The Company is looking for a candidate who has excellent communication skills and be commercially aware. The candidate would have studied a quantitative subject, be extremely numerate and able to manipulate data sets in Excel using pivot tables and formulae. Exposure to an analytical or a data management software would be ideal.
Training, education & qualification:
Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent quantitative qualification.
The skills required to be successful in this role are:
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- High level of numerical reasoning, mathematical knowledge and accuracy
- Attention to detail with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively (telephone, email and face-to-face) with clients, suppliers and colleagues
- High level of organisation and excellent time management skills
The candidate should be able to demonstrate the following key attributes:
- Meticulous attention to detail is required in order to perform many elements of the role
- Able to take ownership and responsibility for own work
- Able to listen and follow instructions, assimilating information quickly in a consistent and accurate manner
- An ability to manage conflicting demands on time and still meet client needs
- Capable of anticipating, resolving and owning problems, and proposing solutions to management as and when required
- A positive, helpful and enthusiastic attitude
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role and to receive further information.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Data Analyst, Commercial Analyst, Information Analyst, Client Data Analyst, Data Entry, Graduate Data Entry, Data Analyst, Data Administrator, Business Analyst, Business Analyst, Excel, SQL Analyst, Business Information Analyst, Data Handler, SQL Server, CRM Admin, Systems Analyst will also be considered for this role.