Graduate Risk Analyst
Global Derivatives Trading and Broking firm are looking for a Graduate Risk Analyst trainee .
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Risk assessment, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business;
- Ensuring the Risk Department is compliant with company policies, regulatory guidelines and maintains a commitment to the company's values, business processes, and code of ethics;
- Maintaining and creating Risk policies in line with regulatory guidelines.
- Corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders, as well as member of various company committees;
- Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organization such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluating the organization's pervious handling of risks;
- Risk reporting in an appropriate way for different audiences, for example to the board of directors so they understand the most significant risks, to division/department heads to ensure they are aware of risks relevant to their parts of the business and to employee to understand their accountability for individual risks;
- Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organization;
- Helping maintain & improve proprietary risk systems and models
- Monitoring of client's risk and P&L
- Review pre-trade limit requests for customers
- Provide oversight and approval for customer payments
- Customer liaison for risk management queries
- Assisting the manager in assessing the risk of customers' derivatives portfolios
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Mathematics or Business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Broad knowledge of the futures industry and product knowledge across Bonds, Equities and Exchange traded products.
- Quantitative approach to problem solving, with good project management and business literacy skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, SQL database and VB programming skills a plus
- Capable of developing a high performance team environment
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- An articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization, and possesses excellent communication skills.
- Be self-directed and motivated.
- Take initiative to identify and anticipate business needs and make recommendations for implementation.