Behavioural teaching assistant - Solihull - September 2019
Behaviour Support Teaching Assistant - Solihull - September 2019
A new school based in Solihull is looking for a resilient behaviour support teaching assistant to join their hard-working team for a long term position. The school, for children aged 13-16, has provisions for those with ADHD, EBB, SEMH and behavioural issues.
The role includes helping to manage pupils who are showcasing challenging behaviour and providing pastoral and academic support where needed. You will be actively supporting the student with academic development and also supporting them to meet social and behavioural expectations.
The classes will be small (maximum of 10-12), the curriculum will be innovative and bespoke and the building will have been extensively refurbished with a number of added benefits (courtyard garden, MUGA, mini gym, etc.). The school aims to be innovative, have inclusive practice and aim to promote a therpaeutic environment and positive relationships all round, therefore a calm demenour will be a good fit.
To be an ideal candidate for this position, you will need to be able to showcase a resilient character with some experience and enthusiasm for working with children with special needs. You will be a positive role model and have the opportunity to make a real difference to a child's life.
- Teaching Assistant with a behavioural focus
- Supporting in and out of the classroom providing extra support.
- Working with smaller groups of teenagers and one-to-one
- September start 2019
- Experience working with challenging children
- Being empathetic, calm, patient and confident.
- Available to work from September 2019
- Strong knowledge of behaviour management is key
- Able to promptly arrive in Solihull for 8.30
- Level 3 / degree education
- Experience working with children with SEN is beneficial
- Team teach training or any other relevant qualifications are beneficial.
Apply now for an opportunity for an interview.
Contact 'Zara' on or email