Conference and Events Porter / Venue Operations Assistant
Job Title: Conference and Events Porter
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
The venue is a versatile space, holding a wide range of events throughout the year from conference to charity balls, corporate meetings to product launches, weddings to christenings, birthday parties to public sales and exhibitions.
As the Conference and Events Porter you'll be working as part of a team under the supervision of the Operations Manager to prepare rooms for client's requirements, offering the highest standards of customer care at all times.
- To assist with cleaning of kitchens, toilets, and storage areas as well as function rooms - this is a hands on role.
- To set up and lay out chairs, tables, flip charts and tidy rooms as required
- Set up audio visual equipment and support conference facilitators and delegates with connecting to room AV systems and WIFI (training will be given)
- Provide general assistance at events e.g. working behind the bar, clearing glasses or providing AV support etc.
- To maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and presentation at all times
- Have a full clean driving licence.
- To adhere to all legal and company policies at all times including but not confined to COSHH, Health and Safety and Fire.
- Be a trustworthy and honest individual in order to assist with cash handling.
The Ideal Candidate:
- It would be advantageous if you had previous experience in a customer facing role.
- You need to be self-motivated, reliable with a friendly and helpful manner, can work on your own initiative and follow instructions to a tight deadline.
- Availability to work different shift patterns, which will include days, evenings and weekend work.
- Excellent eye for detail with a positive "can do" attitude.
- To be fit and healthy as this is a physically demanding role.
- You must have excellent team working skills and approach all tasks with determination.
- Competitive salary
- 6% employer contribution to pension scheme (Group Personal Pension scheme) 3 % employee
- 26 days holiday (exc Bank holidays)
- Subsidised private healthcare scheme
- Life assurance of x4 annual salary
To apply for this role please click APPLY to submit your CV and covering letter
Candidates with experience of: Event Assistant, Exhibitor Assistant, Porter, Venue Operations Support, Facilities Assistant, Conference Assistant, Events Porter, Conference Porter, Assistant, Venue Coordinator will also be considered for this role.