Graduate Business Development Engineer - Rail
POST-GRADUATE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER REQUIRED
SF Recruitment are currently working with a well established engineering company and a leading expert in designing and manufacturing energy absorption solutions for the rail, elevator and industrial sectors.
Reporting to the Rail Business Development Manager (BDM), the Rail Business Development Engineer (BDE) is expected to liaise-with, support, visit and develop new and existing Rail customers, primarily across the whole of UK and mainland Europe. Account development will be achieved through excellent customer service coupled with the effective promotion of the company's technological product advantages and its expanding global footprint.
- Be the commercial front line for all customers, offering administrative and product support.
- Commercially support and develop existing customers across the UK and mainland Europe.
- Identify, profile and develop new customer prospective business in the region.
- Work to existing product pricing structures.
- Liaise closely with colleagues in Marketing, Applications & Design Engineering, Quality, Purchasing & Production.
- Implement customer price reviews that have been agreed.
- Process and advise on the terms of Contracts, Agreements, NDA's etc with customers.
- Regularly update the company CRM System (Salesforce) with all relevant customer details and market information.
- Be familiar with the use of the company MRP System, QAD.
- Periodically visit customers as part of the business development of them.
- Produce a monthly report to on activity and customer development.
- Seek out data and activity about competitors.
- A Mechanical Engineering degree will be essential
- Likely to have 2+ years' experience in an industrial/manufacturing sales or commercial role.
- Experience of customer support (Commercial, Technical, Application Engineering etc) within the rail, rail component or associated sectors would be beneficial.
- Has been successful in realising business development.
- Travel and sales experience would be useful.
- Experience of liaising and working with various Customer Departments including Engineering, Purchasing etc would be useful.
- Language would be useful but not essential.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A drive to deliver customer service.
- Relationship building skills.
- A desire to achieve business development.
- An appreciation of Engineering principles, along with the capacity to learn about Engineered
products, especially Mechanics & Hydraulics.
- A good team player, but equally capable of working on ones own.
- Self motivated with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Key Words/Phrases : Customer Service, Commercial drive, Technical ability, reliable
- Computer literate, including competency with Word, Excel, Powerpoint and a CRM system. Experience with an MRP system would be useful.
Education and Qualifications
- Likely to possess a technical and/or business qualification such as HNC/HND/Degree (or
European equivalent) or has completed an Apprenticeship, probably in an engineering,
science or business-related discipline. However, good relevant experience will be equally
applicable as an alternative. Must possess an appreciation of Engineering principles.
If this sounds like you or the opportunity you've been looking for don't hesitate to apply or get in touch with Masood