Head of Internal Audit
Who we are:
Muslim Aid is a British, faith-based international development organisation that provides support to communities around the world affected by disasters, conflict or endemic poverty without regard to their social, religious, or ethnic background.
What you'll be doing:
The Head of Internal Audit will lead the Internal Audit function and align departmental and organisational strategy. This role will perform advanced level, professional Internal Audit work as a key component of the Muslim Aid corporate risk management, internal control and governance structure.
The post holder will develop and direct a comprehensive audit plan/program, including supporting the planning, performance and communication of audit activities across Muslim Aid.
The main responsibilities of this role will be to:
- Develop risk-based annual internal audit plans and coordinate audits with appropriate reference to the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditor.
- Develop independent systems and control assurances.
- Establish and ensure proper use of an internal control system, including proper accounting records and other suitable measures.
- Build an internal audit function to ensure that our global organisation is compliant.
For a full Job Description please visit the Muslim Aid website.
Who we are looking for:
- You will be an exceptional experienced and qualified Internal Auditor with a minimum 4+ years post qualification experience plus minimum of two years at a senior level.
- You will be Certified/Chartered Internal Auditor or equivalent with a recognised accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- You will have strong experience of leading an Internal Audit function and the ability to work effectively at both strategic and operational levels.
- You will be highly skilled in evaluating risk and use of risk analysis techniques.
- Ideally you will have both not for profit and private sector experience with an international organisation.
Why you should apply:
If you are self-motivated, with the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy this role is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Internal Auditor to be able to lead on, build and develop an internal control system allowing us to demonstrate accountability internally and externally. You will be joining a supportive, highly-skilled, passionate organisation as a specialist in your field.
How to apply:
To apply please submit your cover letter (no more than 1 page) and CV to us.
Muslim Aid's recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children and vulnerable adults in our care/employment.Successful candidates will be expected to undergo a DBS check (Basic, Standard or Enhanced depending on the role). In addition, all successful candidates for finance roles will undergo an Experian Credit Check.