Team Leader- Business Travel
- Full Time
Team Leader- Business Travel
Salary up to GBP38K depending on experience
Jewels Travel & Hospitality Recruitment are assisting one of our large clients in recruiting an experience Team Leader within the Travel Operational Department
Reporting to the Head of Operations.
As a Travel Team Leader you will be responsibility for the quality, performance and output of the Group Travel Executives.
Managing the daily operation through multiple inbound/outbound channels including phone and e-mail in the creation of all group travel /meetings and events reservations.
Maximising the operational areas output through continuous process improvement, and the performance management of the team, identifying where efficiencies will reduce the business operating cost.
Additionally, the role will assist in the recovery of service failures, building and maintaining both internal and external relationships to promote services to existing and potential clients.
Mentoring and developing your team, identifying opportunities to enhance skills and experience through training and career development.
- Demonstrates motivation to meet the requirements of the role
- Demonstrates active problem solving
- Responds effectively to changing constraints
- Copes effectively under pressure and prioritises tasks and urgency requirements
- Is motivated to succeed, regularly meeting performance targets ensuring service is delivered in line with service level agreements.
- Interacts confidently with team members
- Collaborates effectively with others
- Actively mentors, coaches and develops direct reports
- Deals with conflict
- Interprets organisational vision and goals in a relevant manner to the team members/others.
- Invests significant time and energy in coaching, mentoring and providing development support for direct reports and others
- Leads by example, inspiring others to achieve high standards
- Meets customer (internal /external) expectations
- Resolves customer service issues and Identifies customer service improvements
- Initiates and grows mutually beneficial relationships
- Anticipates and responds to customer needs proactively
- Can build strong relationships with customers (internal and/or external)
- Understands the business proposition to the marketplace
Experience required for this Team Leader Role
We are looking for someone that has a strong leadership background as this is a high level Team Leader position with a lot of operational expertise required.
It is vital that the successful candidate possess a proactive and can do attitude, not afraid to get stuck in straight away and able to confidentially guide the team.
You will have the ability and skills to provide solid support to the Head of Groups.
This role is more about being able to be a leader, take charge and control in a very pressurised environment yet rewarding role. The right person will be able to flourish and make it their own.
- Experience of operational management preferably within the meetings and events industry
- Excellent Geographical and system knowledge
- Ability to understand and act on the key metrics and business drivers
- Experienced in people development and management
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- GDS or equivalent systems knowledge
- Strong leadership, influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong communications skills both written and verbal
- Strong relationship building skills
How to Apply:
Please apply on this advert or via Jewels Travel and Hospitality Recruitment website with a copy of your CV.
Please note only suitable candidate will be contacted for this position. If your skills are not what the client is seeking for this position your CV will be added to our database where you will be considered for other roles as they become available that match your skills and experience.
Once you are added to our database you will receive emails of our "New Vacancies" covering all our new and available jobs as they become available.
You will also receive weekly/monthly email newsletters from Jewels Travel and Hospitality Recruitment, listing ALL available jobs in various locations and salary bands. Please advise us if you do not want to receive these new job alerts.
FOLLOW JEWELS TRAVEL AND HOSPITALITY RECRUITMENT ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK & LINKEDIN FOR NEW JOBS, CAREER ADVICE, INDUSTRY NEWS AND MUCH MORE