Manchester City Centre
Up to GBP30,000 per annum
This is a great opportunity to have a lead role in a dynamic, growing, national business specialising in economic and social research, analysis and consultancy advice across the public, private and third sectors. Committed to a career in our industry, we are looking for a new team member with three years of consultancy or research experience, ideally in the economic development sector, who has a passion for the subject area.
Your workload will constantly evolve to reflect new local and national priorities and the needs of our individual clients but projects will typically include:
- Economic impact assessment
- Project development and case making support
- Strategy development
- Socio-economic assessment
- Project and programme evaluation
The following are essential:
- An Honours Degree (2:1 or better) in one of the following subject areas: Economics, Social Geography, Politics or Town Planning.
- A minimum of three years relevant experience.
- An understanding of the economic development context, including the roles of partners and key policy drivers.
- Good verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate in both one-to-one and group situations.
- Excellent written skills, including experience of report writing (ideally outside an academic environment).
- Strengths in statistical work, including analysing and presenting quantitative data with knowledge of socio-economic datasets.
- Good organisational skills, including personal time management.
- Excellent IT skills, including the use of word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail and the internet.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and in a small team.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you then please send your CV to .uk or call for a confidential chat.