My Client is one of the UK's leading independent Franchise Dealership Networks, with 44 multi-award winning Dealerships across the UK. They maintain the highest standards of professionalism and integrity at all times and recruit to deliver excellence in customer service with their expertise and enthusiasm. They have a fantastic opportunity available across their network and are looking for motivated, enthusiastic and committed individuals to join their team.
They require an Automotive Service Technician of the highest calibre to join their busy Aftersales department at their Dealership in Birmingham. They offer a superb opportunity to the right person who is able to demonstrate a successful and stable track record (ideally within the automotive franchise industry although not necessary as full training will be provided).
Role and Responsibilities:
- To undertake maintenance, service and repair activities on motor vehicles of all types to the highest standard within scheduled times to meet company and franchise standards
- Repair, test vehicles and diagnose their faults as and when required by Service Manager and supervisory staff
- Replace components, parts, lubricants and consumables and record usage
- Keep work areas clean and tidy, organised and safe from hazards to health and safety
- Carry out work completely and effectively within manufacturers' servicing and repair times
- Advise and report on vehicle faults and servicing requirements while working on vehicles, including future servicing/repair requirements
The ideal candidate will:
- Qualified to NVQ level 3 (or equivalent)
- Have at least 5 years' experience after qualifying period, of working in a Franchise Dealership (or similar)
- MOT qualified preferred but not essential
- Excellent customer service skills
- Take responsibility for the quality and quantity of their work
- Full UK driving licence
The successful applicant will be highly motivated, efficient and organised. This position is within a busy workshop environment, as such you will be provided with a competitive remuneration package as well as industry leading product and manufacturer training.
- Full Time Position
- 20 Days annual leave raising to 25 with longevity of service.