World News Media is seeking a journalist with a strong interest in business, as well as finance and / or technology, to join our tight-knit team in Clerkenwell.
We're looking for individuals that can come up with fascinating ideas that they can turn into analytical, feature length articles for print.
Our journalists are also expected to keep up to date with news and developments across the magazines' subject matters, which involves producing a short news story for one of the websites each morning.
Other duties include writing snappy press releases and engaging advertorials of a high standard to deadline.
Being an independent company, World News Media offers employees the opportunity to take on more responsibility and duties in order to develop their skillset, thereby giving the successful candidates a fantastic start to a career in journalism.
- Journalist with at least 1 year of full time work experience
- Degree in economics, business or journalism preferred, other degrees will be considered
- Demonstrable professional level of writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of technology and / or financial services, preferably both
- NCTJ qualification preferable, though not essential
- Enthusiastic with a strong work ethic
- Great team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to effectively manage workload
- The ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Willingness to work outside of core hours, which is sometimes required to meet copy deadlines.
World News Media is a multi-platform publisher of quality financial, business, technology and lifestyle magazines. Each magazine provides independent newswire and information for the worldwide financial technology community. The company has built up a reputation for excellence across its portfolio, pursuing consumer quality on its business titles. The print editions reach an extensive global distribution network including newsstand space with major retailers and comprehensive airport, hotel and conference site placement. The titles also boast popular websites, video channels, digital editions and an ever-growing social media presence.
To apply, please send a CV, cover letter and writing samples via the button below.
Successful applicants will be asked to submit an article on a specific topic that is relevant to one of our magazines. Those that stand out will then come in for an interview at our offices in Clerkenwell.
The role is full-time, office-based in Clerkenwell, London, so applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. We are not seeking any freelancers at present.
For more information about our publications, please visit our website.