Senior PMO Coordinator
Our client is a market leader in mortgages and savings and are looking to recruit a Senior PMO Coordinator to join their team. The key purpose of the role is to support the execution and delivery of the agreed transformation and change delivery programme through effective coordination, delivery and robust Governance assessments and reviews conducted by the Group PMO Office.
Main duties will include: -
- Support the PMO Manager, Project and Programme Managers with PMO/ project / programme activities as required and in line with the agreed project assigned roles and responsibilities and approach which should be aligned to the agreed the PMO framework, procedures and standards.
- Administer and coordinate meetings consisting of room booking, preparing associated agendas, supporting papers in advance of scheduled meetings and where required chair / facility meetings to achieve meeting objective.
- Conduct project plan reviews to ensure agreed activity and tracking of activity (forward/backward looking) to being monitored and flagging issues of delivery timely specifically for critical path / milestone activity.
- Conduct reviews and providing feedback where required against new project requests to ensure content meets required quality and clearly outlines business case, justification and core project initiation requirements.
- Liaise with project and business representatives to obtain and provide information on project position, including status updates, progress on actions and risks and issues ensuring effective escalation and management of project risks and issues.
- Ensuring all amendments and updates to key project artefacts/policy, procedures and user guides and are effectively communicated and trained out to the project and change community and where required the changes are approved at the Project Governance Standards Forum.
- Support with training and development of junior PMO staff within the team.
- Provide guidance and support to Project and Change community where required which maybe through project training and awareness and training sessions.
- Maintain the company's compliance standards and own compliance training.
The successful candidate will have: -
- 3 years' experience working in developing PMO function is essential.
- 3 years' experience managing multiple stakeholders and activities is essential.
- 2 years' experience developing and implementing PMO methodology and governance standards is essential.
- 2 years' experience working with offshore teams is essential.
- Qualification in Programme and Project Support Office (BCS Professional Certification (formerly ISEB) PPSO) or equivalent qualification is highly desirable.
- PRINCE2 Foundation (or equivalent qualification) is desirable.
- ITIL Foundation is desirable.