We require a Permitting Manager to work as part of a Project team, responsible for defining, organising and managing (internally and externally) the permits in principle (PIP) and Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) study activities.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
- Experience in and good understanding of regulatory control and permitting of infrastructure projects
- Experience in marine/coastal permitting work, including environmental permitting and EIA, ideally for the submarine cable industry, would be advantageous
- Meticulous attention to detail and high standards of presentation
- Good interpersonal skills: persuasiveness, maturity and tact
- Excellent team player, but also self-motivated and adaptable
- Ability to work proactively to tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to quickly develop a technical appreciation of submarine cable projects
- Good IT skills, especially in the management of complex and non-numerical data
- Competence in another language (especially French and/or Spanish) would be advantageous
- Occasional overseas travel as required
- Master degree or equivalent
- Identify all required Permit documents and EIAs and associated constraints for the assigned projects.
- Identify the risks associated with these activities.
- Co-ordinate with the rest of the Project team (especially Planning) and company competence centre (especially Survey/CRS) to ensure that milestones and deliverables are aligned.
- Produce the Permit RACI Matrix to confirm that project permit responsibilities and interfaces are carefully allocated and ownership assigned.
- Identify and assist Purchasing in the appointment of specialist permit contractors with relevant experience and expertise. Specify their scope of work and closely control and manage their activities throughout the project.
- Provide regular financial status and program reports during the projects life cycle.
- Liaise with legal team where required for specific legal support if required for the permitting process.
- Report and present to customers as required by the project team, including as required attendance at Customer meetings.
- Occasional support to bid teams through providing total cost, timescale required and input to contractual terms and conditions for Permitting activities.
- Research, record, maintain and update, from past project and bidding records, studies and online sources, the permitting and regulatory requirements for permitting submarine cables in national and sub-national jurisdictions worldwide.
- Understand, interpret and process the information gathered, and include it in the Project Knowledge Base, in a manner that will inform future bids and assist in the implementation of projects.
- Maintain, for internal use by the Permitting and Environment Unit, records of experience and assessments of performance of permitting contractors, and model forms of contracts.
REMUNERATION PACKAGE ON OFFER
Competitive salary and benefits package.