Junior Software Developer - Intelligent Traffic Control
About The Role CIQHP
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented graduate or early career software developer with an innovative mind, to work on our traffic and transport software products. Already established within major cities across the globe, TRL software has been driving efficiencies, reducing journey times and increasing safety on the roads for many years. Our solutions are now being evolved and reimagined to meet the needs of future mobility and to become embedded in the fabric of connected and automated vehicles.
This is an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic developer with a desire to cultivate a career building impactful real-world applications alongside industry experts. The role is highly technical and will involve a great deal of learning from the outset.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
With support from an established team, you will contribute to a full range of software development tasks in an Agile environment whilst building an understanding of the traffic models and technologies that underpin the products. You will be expected to demonstrate an active interest in the application of our products as well as their development, and will play a part in analysing results and contributing to the development of new algorithms and models.
Your main software development environment will be Microsoft .Net (C#/VB.NET) but you may also work with Python, C, C++ and other languages. You will also gain exposure to technologies such as .NET Core, Angular, REST and Xamarin for iOS & Android development, and deploy cloud based solutions to Azure & AWS. General problem-solving ability and the ability to innovate are more important for this role than any particular software development qualifications, and you will be expected to use self-directed learning to acquire any software development skills needed for individual projects.
Skills & Experience
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Programming experience in any modern language
- Ability to work as part of an Agile software development team
- Also able to independently undertake detailed research and analysis and to produce high quality technical documents and reports
- Adaptability and drive to see tasks through to completion
- A willingness to learn - both directed and self-motivated.
- Machine learning and AI experience
- Any traffic modelling experience, and/or an interest in transport modelling
- .NET programming
- Scientific programming, algorithm development or modelling
- Experience working in a Scrum team
- Visual Studio, Azure DevOps/CI, Git, testing frameworks
- Applicants should have a degree with a significant numerical component, such as maths, physics, engineering or computer science.
- A PhD or MSc level qualification in a related area would be desirable.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills with the confidence to communicate effectively with clients and team members at all levels of seniority.
At TRL we offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Support for professional memberships and study
- 25 days annual leave
- Life Assurance cover and Group Income Protection
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible benefits package