Graduate Researcher - Civil Engineering
About The Role
If you enjoy solving problems and want to work in an R&D environment with the emphasis on real-world applications, then you should consider working for TRL. Not only are we an internationally renowned centre of excellence in research, but because we work in the transport sector the results of our work have an enormous impact on everybody's quality of life.
Our Civil Engineering and Assets team is looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and adaptable graduate to work in either its Wokingham or Birmingham office. The main areas of work will include pavement engineering, pavement materials, design and maintenance, and asset management. Other areas of work may also be included as the need arises. Adaptability will be the key to success.
The successful candidate will need to be capable of working with minimum supervision (after suitable training) and be willing to travel within the UK and internationally. This is an excellent opportunity to be involved in the development of TRL's future business.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Support a variety of research and consultancy projects undertaken in the area of pavement engineering
- Analysis and interpretation of data for research and consultancy projects.
- Work with senior staff to identify and develop proposals for new project opportunities and funding.
- Involvement with stakeholder consultations
- Technical report writing
Skills & Experience
Interested candidates should have achieved a minimum of a 2.1 degree in Civil Engineering or a related subject together with a deep interest in pavement engineering. Applicants with a higher degree are welcomed.
Strong team-working skills and a keenness to strive for technical excellence and innovation are essential.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate polished report writing skills with excellent written English, and the confidence to communicate effectively with clients and team members at all levels of seniority.
At TRL we offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Support for professional memberships and study
- 25 days annual leave
- Life Assurance cover and Group Income Protection
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible benefits package