Acquisitions Senior Editor/ Acquisitions Editor x2 (Maths, Engineering
Are you an Acquisitions Editor/Senior Editor looking for your next challenge? A leading academic publisher is looking for a couple of candidates to join their team and help develop their list across the Maths, Engineering and Physics disciplines. This is a fantastic and permanent, full-time opportunity paying a competitive salary in their London offices.
- Acquire new titles and editions of backlist titles and prepare, negotiate and finalise contracts
- Build up a network of academic contacts and develop relationships with authors, contributors and advisers
- Create proposals including costing and pricing and review, maintain and update existing product portfolios
- Develop acquisition plans and identify market trends to help grow the company's publication programme
- Liaise with internal teams to create, implement and track projects and ensure timely and profitable publications
Experience / skills required:
- Solid publishing experience in the relevant fields
- Experience of identifying and recruiting potential authors
- First class communication skills, written and verbal
- Team player with a passion for titles in the Maths, Engineering and Physics fields
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.