Alexander Mann Solutions (AMS) is the world's leading provider of Talent Acquisition and Management Services. We deliver award-winning solutions to over 65 outsourcing clients and consulting services to hundreds more. Our contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provides professional interim and temporary resources.
Our client is a globally respected engineering organisation, providing white collar, Blue collar and engineering services to many sectors including energy, aerospace, marine and defence. They are committed to innovation and the continual pursuit of improvement, and with a brand holding over 100 years of service they are now developing their technology capabilities, venturing into new markets and building their customer base further.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a Finance Analyst for a 12 Month contract based in Derby
Purpose of the Role:
Provision of TotalCare financial support to the Civil Aerospace engine programmes and throughout the TotalCare value stream.
An exciting job opportunity has arisen for a Finance Analyst within the Civil Aerospace Business Centre. Reporting into the Finance Manager - TotalCare - you will be responsible for the provision of TotalCare financial support to the Civil Aerospace engine programmes and throughout the TotalCare value stream.
As a Financial Analyst you will be responsible for:
- Prepare monthly actual results (P&L and balance sheet) and prepare accurate and insightful explanations for variances to previous forecasting exercises and the prior year. Review the output with the TotalCare manager and address review comments as necessary.
- Prepare regular forecast results (P&L, balance sheet & cash) and prepare the explanations for variances to relevant comparators as requested by the programmes, Civil HQ or Group Finance. Review the output with the Programme Finance Business Partner to ensure that the output is agreed by all stakeholders for further submission to Civil HQ.
- Obtain governed finance inputs to the Contract Review Pack process and understand changes over time. Load updated inputs into Cognos and articulate the impact of changes to key stakeholders.
- Support non-finance members of the Civil Aerospace Business Centre by performing finance over-checks of key Contract Review Packs to ensure that output is robust, accurate and complete.
- Evaluate commercial proposals with the business evaluation team to ensure that the profit impacts of planned contractual changes are understood.
- Evaluate opportunities and threats with the Programme Finance Business Partners to ensure that the profit and cash impact of business changes are understood.
- Deliver process improvement initiatives to support the key controls and governance objective of Civil Aerospace Finance.
- Provide programme support for Cost Reviews and Business Performance Reviews.
- Interface with the Business Centre Engines, T&M, Cash and Risk and Revenue Sharing Partners (RRSPs) teams as necessary.
- Prepare External Audit Papers to support the external audit process and ultimate audit sign off.
- Process Commercial Authorisations (CAs) and Credit Note Authorisation Forms (CNAFs).
What we require from the candidate:
- Finance reporting & analysis - month-end, interim and year-end.
- Budgeting & forecasting.
- Exposure to Civil business; the main driver of R-R.
- Commercial exposure.
- Managing internal stakeholders.
- Civil Aerospace Business Centre Management Structure.
- Programme Finance Business Partner & Finance Manager Projects.
- Civil Business Centre; OE, T&M, Cash, RRSPs, Service Business.
- Wider Engine Programme teams.
- Regional business - FBPs & Commercial.
- Business Evaluation & Commercial.
- Civil HQ.
- European Finance Service Centre (EFSC).
Key Leadership / Behavioural Competencies:
- Building and maintaining good working relationships within finance and the wider Rolls-Royce community.
- Composure when working under tight deadlines.
- Problem solving & decision making.
- Business acumen.
- Dealing with ambiguity and continuous learning.
- Ethics, Integrity and trust.
Key Technical / Professional Competencies:
- Fully qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA).
- Financial accounting and reporting.
- Exposure to Finance Management Systems e.g. SAP, HFM, Cognos.
- Finance planning and control.
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply before 21st Aug 2019 and we will contact you with an update in due course.
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business