Junior Web Analyst
We are looking for a Junior Web Analyst (Known internally as Digital Marketing Executive) to implement and progress web analytics solutions to ensure the National Trust is working from robust data.
This role is key for providing reports and analysis of online activity meaning that you will provide actionable insight to enable effective optimisation of our marketing channels.
What it's like to work here
We're bigger than you think, we're more complicated than we appear and we're larger scale than you'd imagine. We've got passionate people in all our teams, and we've got so much more we want to achieve. We're for ever, for everyone and we really mean that. We don't want to stop at 5.5 million members and we want everyone to feel welcome and enjoy access to our places, so we need to reach new audiences in ways that are meaningful and relevant to them without losing the hearts and minds of those that are already with us.
Our central head office Heelis, is situated in Swindon, Wiltshire. We're well placed, with ample parking nearby, a shopping outlet with plenty of options for places to eat, and the town centre only a 10 minute walk away. Alternatively you can enjoy our open plan atrium space for lunch times, with our internal cafe; available every day.
What you'll be doing
Not only will you be responsible for implementing and progressing web analytic solutions, you'll navigate our analytics tools and pull analytical reports. You will have overall responsibility for providing actionable insight and this will enable effective optimisation of our marketing channels. You'll assist your team in the delivery of analytics driven functionality such as MVT and website personalisation.
You'll be part of the team responsible for the development of new analytics driven functionality from tracking new areas of the website to multi-variate testing and website personalisation. In all, your work will be driving marketing channel efficiency, and a personalised online experience for each of our individual supporters.
Who we're looking for
- Experience of using web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics or equivalent is essential.
- Understanding of marketing (e.g. ROI) and website metrics/analytics.
- Knowledge of online marketing channels (search, organic, paid etc.)
- Understanding of e-commerce and online transactions.
- Proven analytical skills - ability to compile and analyse and present figures/statistics to inform decisions.
- Have a passion for problem solving and investigating data quality issues.
- Be logical and have a good eye for detail.
- Ownership of regular reporting for various stakeholders.
- Supporting the launch of new capabilities including new mobile app functionality.
- Ability to work with a team - sharing learning and inspiring ideas.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to manage both your own time and the expectations of key stakeholders.
- Ability to understand and prioritise the workload.
- Ability to train new users in using the analytics tools.
You'll be keen to build on the knowledge you already have.