Regional Account Manager FCA
This field based role as Regional Account Manager would be centred out of Bedford/Milton Keynes/Cambridge areas and is working for my client who are experts in the compliance industry; focussing mainly on the Motor Trade and Travel. They have one of the UK's largest regulatory networks with many retail sites across the UK benefiting from a range of Finance and Insurance services.This is an auditory and account managing role rather than sales.
By providing Appointed Representative status, they shoulder the burden of compliance ( of being Directly Authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) ) so their customers can concentrate on running their day to day businesses selling cars and holidays; saving them time, money and stress.
They have a wealth of resources to ensure they provide clients and network members with an unrivalled service. From their dedicated in-house IT team, outstanding customer service department through to its user friendly systems and controls. Everything is designed to enhance the customer experience whilst streamlining the compliance process.
To effectively manage Network Members within a given geographic area (Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Oxfordshire, Norfolk & Suffolk) and to control inherent risks by undertaking in depth audit visits into the conduct of Network Members, providing remedial actions as are appropriate and required, as well as assisting Network Members in compliance by providing high quality training and development on sales processes, systems and other key regulatory areas.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- A background in Motor Trade, consumer finance or territory management is preferable however not essential. Candidates will need to be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the job and an enthusiasm for working within a compliance environment. Experience of working in a customer-facing role will always be advantageous, as will experience of industry specific regulation, general insurance/consumer credit knowledge and working to deadlines.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Duties to include but are not limited to:
- Adopting and employing a risk-based approach when conducting audits and in other daily duties. Ensuring that dealing with, and preventing risk, is your primary objective.
- Taking direct responsibility and account management for a number of Network Members ensuring the smooth running of the account.
- Conducting timely and effective audits for both General Insurance and Consumer Credit Appointed Representatives on a prescribed call pattern determined from their individual risk rating.
- Producing detailed and relevant Visit Reports based on the findings of the audit and/or development visits undertaken.
- Creating and recording any action plans that may be specifically appropriate following a Network Members visit. Ensuring that all action plans are reviewed and completed within a prescribed time frame.
- Conducting initial set up visits for all Network Members, using the relevant framework document to evidence the meeting and to set agreed action plans as appropriate.
- Providing onsite induction training and development to network members on sales processes, systems and other key regulatory areas as part of an initial set up, as identified via an audit or as requested by ITC or the Network Member.
- Effectively and efficiently plan and organise your site visits to maximise productivity whilst maintaining a high standard of business continuity to our Network Members
- Develop sound working relationships and a professional level of rapport with Network Members to enable proficient account management.
- Understand and compliantly work within regulations such as the Data Protection Act 2018, Public Interest Disclosure Act 1998.
- Ensure personal Training and Competency requirements are kept up to date including the achievement of 30 hours Continuous Professional Development per annum and are in line with company policy.
- Adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures, including Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities, Data Protection, Code of Conduct, Security, IT.
Depending on experience starting base salary is up to GBP34K with OTE cGBP40K (OTE is paid monthly with a small quarterly uplift for consecutive achieving across the quarter) plus car allowance ( GBP350 per month which means you can either use your existing car or lease one). Fuel is paid 18p per mile plus Benefits which inc private health .
Ideally they'd be looking for at least 2 years experience working in an FCA regulated environment, perhaps some experience as an auditor or in an oversight function and prior experience of working in a field based role.