GBP 30,000 - GBP 40,000 (DOE) +benefits
Our client based in Leighton Buzzard is looking for an experienced engineering professional to join their team and assist in their growth and improvement strategy.
The company is family owned and run, has an excellent reputation for honesty, flexibility, customer focus, communication and continual investment and improvement in both our skills and services.
They specialise in offering the highest levels of quality and expertise in the fields of Deep Hole Boring, Deep Hole Drilling, CNC Turning and CNC Honing.
Their facilities in Leighton Buzzard offer a clean, bright, well organised and modern working environment.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Mechanical Engineer, preferably with experience of turning & machining processes - experience of Deep Hole Boring, Gundrilling or Honing would be an advantage.
You must possess excellent IT & communication skills as accuracy and an ability to discuss issues with our team and our customers is essential. You will be goal orientated, self-motivated and determined to succeed. A passion for problem solving, team working and getting the job done is essential.
The duties of the role will be varied but will include:
- The review of customer purchase orders and associated drawings for accuracy, technical detail and required specifications and comparing these to the relevant quotations raised.
- Entering purchase orders onto our production control system and issuing technical details and work instructions to production.
- Requesting quotations and placing purchase orders for tooling or materials required in order to complete the contract.
- Working with the production department and engineers to facilitate efficiency and ease of production methods and quality standards.
- Supporting and assisting the Operations Manager and Management Team in ensuring continuous improvement throughout all aspects of our business processes, production and on-time delivery.
Package and Benefits:
- Salary and other conditions are negotiable but in the region of GBP 30-40k p.a. depending on experience, suitability and rising with evidence of effective performance.
- The working week is Mon-Fri 8am - 5pm.
- The position is full-time and permanent.
- Holidays are 20 days + 8 Bank Holidays + Bonus holiday over the Christmas Period.
- Government Pension Scheme
- Health Care Scheme
- Excellent working conditions
- Free Onsite Parking