We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Manager to join our innovative and forward thinking team based in Birmingham. The role is a full time, permanent position; in return you will receive a competitive salary of GBP20,000 - GBP23,000 per annum.
Revolutionising our customers' experience is what drives us each and every day at SDL. We thrive on shaking up the industry and doing what it takes to make customers' lives easier and better. We believe our greatest asset is our people and by empowering them to make a difference our people can become the best they can be.
We deliver national coverage across the board, in auctions, property management, lettings and estate agency. In all areas, our revolutionary spirit has the customer at its heart. Making the environment and culture amazing for our people is what we're all about.
About the role:
As our Facilities Manager, you'll play a key role in a small team who are the heart and face of our Birmingham offices, who people can approach should they need any help or support. With guidance from the Head of Facilities risk and Supplier Management you will be responsible for managing the building to provide our people with a safe and creative environment to work, making sure any issues are promptly dealt with.
Day to day as our Facilities Manager:
- Be fully accountable for HSE on the Birmingham site and support this in Chilwell and the satellite sites through the leads
- Ensure the building Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule (PPMs) for Birmingham is being completed via your own checks and planned visits from contractors
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly building readiness checks
- Ensure the building is operating in accordance with internal procedures and meeting regulatory requirements
- Escalate breaches in regulation and health and safety
- Provide facilities support for all satellite sites in completion of their PPM's
- Provide facilities guidance to the site leads
- Drive forward initiatives that improve our environment offering in Birmingham and Chilwell and in partnership with our other sites
Who we're looking for as our Facilities Manager:
- IOSH qualification
- Minimum of 1 years' experience in a facilities position
- Experience of working with suppliers and managing within budgetary requirements
- A proactive, positive, can-do attitude that opens the way to great teamwork and outstanding service
- The communication skills to write clearly and speak easily with anyone
- Experience of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to manage their own workload, prioritise tasks and use time productively
- The self-motivation to get things done and the initiative to get things fixed
- A willingness to learn and develop their skills and knowledge
- Eligibility to work in the UK and everything it takes to successfully complete pre-employment screening
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Facilities Manager then please click 'Apply' today!