£17,687 p/a (to be pro rated for part-time)
Fixed term until March 2022 (with possibility of extension)
35 hrs or 17.5 hrs available (Job share will also be considered)
HMP Stoke Heath, Shropshire
Are you a highly organised, efficient and proactive self-starter able to work on your own initiative? Looking for an exciting new challenge? If so, join St Giles Trust as an Administrator, where you will provide vital administrative support and contribute to ensuring compliance with systems and procedures, standards and performance targets relating to the administrative functions.
About St Giles Trust
An ambitious, well-established charity that helps people facing adversity to find jobs, homes and the right support they need. Central to our ethos is our belief that people with first-hand experience of successfully overcoming issues such as an offending background, homelessness, addictions and gang involvement, hold the key to positive change in others.
About this exciting opportunity
This key role will see our successful candidate undertake a broad range of essential office-based, meeting-setting and facilities monitoring tasks. This will involve managing, developing and updating the Client Database, collecting and collating data, and developing and maintaining effective and efficient administrative and office systems, including filing and recording systems.
You will also be expected to process all relevant internal and external correspondence and access emails regularly and distribute messages promptly, while offering general support to Peer Advisers, staff and manager when necessary is also an important aspect of the role.
What we are looking for:
- Strong IT skills, including proven Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook experience
- An excellent communicator, verbal and written, with impressive interpersonal skills
- A self-starter who is organised and able to manage own workload
- Strong attention to detail and a proven ability to produce accurate work
- Impressive time-management, organisational and prioritisation skills
- The ability to develop and maintain filing, database and recording systems
- Sympathy with the aims and ethos of St Giles as an organisation
In return, you can expect a competitive salary and generous leave allowance, staff pension scheme, flexible working, a mentoring programme, an advice and counselling service, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan and much more besides.
For further information, or to apply, please visit our website via the ‘Apply’ button.
Closing date: 11pm 25th August 2019
Interviews: 2nd September 2019