Sunday Mirror News Secretary
Reach plc is recruiting for an experienced company Secretary to support our Sunday News Desk Team based within our Canary Wharf office.
The main duties of this role is to offer administrative support to this team, which will include processing payments and liaising with our finance departments, organising and overseeing travel for all news desk staff and talent, liaising with other company secretaries and PA's and providing support to other desks when no secretarial cover is available.
We are looking for someone who is a proactive, confident and strong communicator. Our newsrooms are very fast paced environments so it is key that the successful candidate has worked within new media or media industry previously before.
We are Reach because it's what we do
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazines and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
- Processing payments, checking claims and liaising with the finance team for vendor set ups and other account queries.
- Inputting extra shift payments for staff and casual workers.
- Organising and overseeing travel for all News Desk staff and talent / subjects.
- Handling confidential documents.
- Processing expenses and reimbursement forms.
- Taking responsibility for onboarding arrangements for new hires - including but not limited to: arranging equipment and system logins, payment forms, security/health & safety training.
- Liaising with other company secretaries and PA's, providing support to other desks when no secretarial cover is available.
- Logging holiday requests, absences and creating the holiday rota.
- Dealing with telephone enquiries for the Sundays News Desk, relaying messages accurately to all members of the team.
- General day to day administrative support for the Business Desk.
- Sorting and choosing readers letters for publication for the Business Desk.
- Support with research for Cash Queens, Money stories and reader enquiries
The Ideal Candidate
- A proactive and confident personality is required.
- Must be able to display high levels of confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information.
- Demonstrates a logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Good timekeeper, working to tight and sometimes changing deadlines comfortably and with urgency
- Previous experience with MS Office (particularly MS Word and MS Excel) and Google Docs is required.
- Previous experience or working within new media or media industry or working in a fast paced environment is required. Outstanding organisational skills
- Able to think on feet, anticipating and highlighting problems before they arise.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective diary management, including meeting scheduling and travel arrangements.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, discounted gym membership, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
On submitting your application you should receive a confirmation email - if you do not please contact us at