Support Worker - Female
We are looking for female Support Workers in Portsmouth to cover various shifts from full time, part time and relief to suit you. We offer fantastic benefits, training and a great team environment.
As a support worker, you'll be helping people you support to live the individual life they want, ensuring they have choice and control over the planning and delivery of their support.
We are looking for people who share our values and can support someone to have the life they want to live. The role will involve working as a part of a team to support 9 ladies in their own home.
They have varied disabilities and levels of autism and they are lovely to be around. They do lots of different types of activities and as a part of role, you will prompt and encourage them to up-skill and try new things to become more independent.
You will need promote and encourage personal care and some manual handling is involved - The use of wheelchairs and hoists. (full training will be provide)
Shift patterns can vary throughout the week depending on what the ladies do. For example - 7am - 2:30pm / 7:30am - 3pm / 2:30pm - 9/10pm / long days - 7am - 7pm and it would include alternate weekends and an occasional sleep In.
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
For further information, please contact Paul on.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.