Cancer Information Analyst
Cancer Information Analyst
Salary: Circa GBP31,000
Location: Waterloo, London
Contract: Permanent, full time
Closing date: Midnight 25th August
Are you an organised individual looking to apply your statistical analysis skills at the world's leading charity dedicated to beating cancer through research?
We are looking for a driven and self-starting individual to...
- Undertake analytical projects with a particular focus on diagnostics in order to improve outcomes through cancer intelligence
- Undertake timely and accurate analysis and interpretation of data related to the diagnosis and treatment of cancer, including cancer registrations, Diagnostic Imaging Data, Hospital Episode Statistics and ONS Mortality data
- Undertake assessments of data quality of some of the datasets available within the partnership with Public Health England to explore their use in analyses and help develop access to new data sources
- Contribute to the development of new methods for analysing data and effectively communicating and presenting statistical information on cancer data
- Contribute to cross team activities, and carry out ad hoc tasks as appropriate
To view a full job description please click here:
Statistics have never been more vital. Here at Cancer Research UK, we're pushing well into the future - developing newer, kinder treatments and getting closer to cures. Every day we achieve extraordinary things by being innovative, imaginative and bold in our work.
Cancer Research UK have committed to a partnership with Public Health England in order to bring together the strengths of both organisations to explore and deliver new analytical projects to really develop our understanding of earlier diagnosis and show how vital intelligence is in helping us our goal of improving survival from cancer. We need a Cancer Intelligence Analyst to work with the National Cancer Registration and Analysis Service (NCRAS) at Public Health England on a range of high quality, novel and innovative analysis and cancer intelligence projects and ensure CRUK remain one of the leading providers of cancer statistics in the UK. You'll help us analyse and present high quality statistical information and provide interpretation to a wide audience, including commissioners, policy makers, health professionals and researchers.
You can help us bring forward the day when all cancers are cured through your...
- Proven experience as a data analyst or from your numerical degree;
- Significant experience in analysing and presenting data;
- Significant knowledge of statistical methodology;
- Knowledge and understanding of cancer and/or health statistics
- Knowledge of analytical software packages such as R, STATA or SQL
Our drive towards beating cancer means that we are constantly trying new avenues, which means you will be innovative and open-minded to new ways of working.
You'll possess strong analytical skills so that you are able to bring structure to complex problems, extract the key issues and present data in a clear and concise format. You'll also need good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise day-to-day tasks, meet urgent deadlines and work with a variety of staff and teams.
If you can do all this and more, you'll enjoy a great career as we work hard to beat cancer - together.
At CRUK we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce will help us to beat cancer sooner.
Please note, from October 2019, our head office will be relocating from Islington to a new office space in Stratford, close to the Olympic Park.