Regional Technical Lead & 2nd Level Engineer , Global IT
A career in Information Technology, within Global Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. Our Information Technology Generalist - Practice Support team focuses on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing internal applications, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for PwC to drive strategic business growth.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
- Train, coach, and supervise staff
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
- 3-5 years experience in endpoint and related infrastructure management is required
- Experience in vendor management/handling of escalations is required
- Tickets queue regular review / provide response and resolution for service requests and incidents according to SLA KPIs
- On-call for escalation (incl. shifts during weekends)
- Provides 2nd level engineering support for endpoints
- Create and maintain configurations, policies and groups in the system - follow the naming convention and rules defined by the architects
- Escalates issues to other service teams and external vendors. In case the problem relates directly to the endpoint management service, keeps ownership for the case
- Configure and distribute apps and webclips
- Maintain the list of territory L1 Delegated Administrators
- Create and maintain KB articles for the 1st level support
- Create and maintain End User documentation about Global apps, features and endpoint specific topics
- Maintain Engineer's KB
- Create, maintain and perform the regular service maintenance procedures (patching, upgrades, unused devices cleanup etc.)
- Bears overall responsibility for uptime, performance and capacity of the system - establish regular monitoring for these items
- Maintain and liaise custom configuration elements directly with the member firms - follows the architects guidance (DEP/VPP configuration; Any custom policies or configurations etc.)
- Participates in endpoint related projects as and when needed
- Beta / dev preview
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.