Payroll Assistant, GBP10 an hour, West Lothian.
Your new company
Hays accountancy and finance is partnered with a public services organisation based on the west side of Edinburgh. Our client is looking for a professional and ambitious Payroll Accountant on a temporary basis for approximately 3 months, with the potential for extension until May next year.
Your new role
The post forms part of a team responsible for the update and maintenance of electronic HR and payroll records. The team operates to strict audit standards and works within pre-defined practices and procedures. The application of employees' Condition of Service and the Statutory Regulations governing payroll is an essential part of the team's function and the post-holder is expected to have a working knowledge in this area.
What you'll need to succeed
- Educated to higher level or equivalent.
- Experience of working within a busy and fast paced Payroll department
- Knowledge of payroll processes and statutory regulations.
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Tact, diplomacy and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Understanding of the GDPR
- Conversant with Inland Revenue and DSS regulations.
- Excellent PC and keyboard skills.
- Experience of using HR/Payroll data base CHRIS21 or iTrent
- Experience of local authority/public sector payroll
What you'll get in return
You will join a well established organisation, and the opportunity to utilise and develop on your current skill-set. You will also receive a competitive hourly rate, approximately GBP10 an hour.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.