Customer Advice and Information Team Officer
To provide accurate information in order to resolve frontline telephone and email enquiries and if necessary ensure that complex requests are efficiently referred or escalated within the organisation.
- Provide accurate information in order to resolve frontline telephone and email enquiries and if necessary ensure that complex requests are efficiently referred or escalated within the organisation.
- Address concerns or complaints in an empathetic and effective manner.
- Identify and record issues raised by enquirers to assist the Council fulfil its functions and deliver a high standard of customer service.
- Keep up to date with the Council's guidance and policies.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in other organisations where the Council's customers may be signposted to for further information.
- Enter and retrieve information from bespoke Council and department databases, and carry out routine maintenance and updating of these databases as required.
- Use manual and electronic systems to ensure accurate record-keeping, and work within agreed principles and policy to ensure that data storage is concise and reliable.
- Provide ad hoc assistance to other teams when required
- Reception cover at GDC offices as and when required
- Carry out from time to time and as directed, any other reasonable duties as required to support the Registration Operations Teams.
- Demonstrable experience of working within a busy customer focussed environment, ideally within a regulatory or similar environment.
- High standard of written and spoken English for responding to written and telephone queries clearly and accurately.
- Experience of responding to a high and varied workload, including telephone calls and emails in a deadline driven environment.
- Proven commitment to deliver excellent customer service to the satisfaction of customers, which is measurable.
- Well-developed inter-personal skills, with the ability to engage confidently and effectively with customers, demonstrating empathy, tact and discretion in discussing sensitive issues or complaints with customers and colleagues.
- Handle and resolve complaints effectively and efficiently in accordance GDC procedures. Must also be able to harness learning from complaints to support improvements to processes and a customer's experience of the GDC
- Ability to interpret information, establishing rapport and understanding the needs of people from a variety of different backgrounds.
- Strong commitment to team work and a professional approach, working across departmental boundaries at all levels.
- Ability to understand the work of the team and organisation in order to manage their work in an efficient way and understanding of when to refer to colleagues for advice.
- Strong IT and database skills with the ability to maintain databases and other record management systems. With excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- A flexible approach to duties and working arrangement, availability to start work at 8am and finish at 6pm.
- Smart and presentable at all times (due to the nature of this role the GDC dress down policy does not apply).
- Committed to equality and diversity in service delivery
In return for your commitment, you can look forward to working for an organisation that offers an attractive package of benefits including a generous pension scheme and 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays (rising to 28 days after 5 years' service).
The General Dental Council values equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.