Bid Executive / Coordinator
We are currently looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic and driven, individual to join our Company as a Bid Executive. This is an exciting opportunity, within a dynamic environment which will enable the successful candidate to develop their skills and experience. Supporting the Business Development team, the role will encourage you to become involved in all areas of bid management. The role requires excellent organisational skills teamed with tenacity to achieve the Company's Strategies.
The Bid Executive will report to the Head of BD Operations and Insight and will be responsible for the following:
- Monitoring procurement portals and Bid Mailbox for relevant opportunities daily
- Tracking all opportunities and status in Salesforce
- Supporting the BDM in undertaking a Bid/No Bid questionnaire
- Completing all pre-qualification documentation
- Organising and lead the Bid Kick-Off meetings for significant bids to agree commitment to bid, capturing the bid themes, arranging the programme, and identifying key team members and case study projects
- Coordinating clarification questions, forwarding to client and monitoring responses
- Identifying and coordinating key milestones in bid team diaries
- Providing full support for the BDM/Consultancy teams and acting as the main point of contact for any queries
- Organising and attending bid Planning Meetings to produce storyboarding solutions in cohesion with the bid manager and other key contacts and undertake research where necessary.
- Designing and collating submission documents - ensuring accuracy of input, proof-reading and spell checking, communicating additional graphic requirements from the Marketing Graphics Team
- Ensuring submission is returned to client within the given deadline
- Assisting in the design and production of material relating to the client presentation stage of the bid process ensuring bid messages flow through to presentation.
- Arranging and participating in mock-interviews to maximise our chances of winning
- Arranging appropriate technical and quality review with agreed members of the bid team
- Developing strong relationships with a number of departments across Gemserv: BDMs, Consultants, Finance, Operations and Senior Management.
- Responsibility for understanding and adhering to the internal bid management process and systems and proposing revisions to the Bid Management Process to ensure it remains both effective and efficient
- Supporting the feedback process for both wins and losses to ensure we maintain a continuous improvement philosophy in bid management
- Responsible for completing and submitting CCS MI audit responses
- Providing assistance to other members of the Directorate as required.
At Gemserv, we take a flexible approach to recruitment but ideally for this role we are looking for candidates to have experience of or interest in the UK retail utilities industry and public sector procurement.
Successful candidates will also need:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with a particular focus on quality
- Experience in balancing challenging priorities, and a range of differing demands
- Calm under pressure
- Experience of handling confidential information
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Focus on attention to detail and quality of own work
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, and competence in other applications within the Microsoft Office suite
- Qualification or working knowledge of PRINCE2
- Experience of InDesign would be an advantage but not required
We are passionate about helping drive the energy market transformation and data revolution. We work right across our sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued.
We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application to us by clicking 'Apply now'