Development Project Manager - Residential construction for a growing "
Development Project Manager - Large housing association with ambitious growth plans - Residential Development - Manchester, UK
Full Time Permanent Role
Tempest Jones are retained by the largest not for profit Developer and Asset Management organisation playing a major role in the UK housing market.
They are using their experience, scale and financial strength to deliver new homes and communities across the country. These are at a range of price points and tenures from private sale to social rent. Any profits generated are invested back into social purpose.
Recently they have created their own private development company which delivers and markets homes for private sale and leads on land acquisition. They also have a strong track record on regenerating existing estates and breathing new life into communities.
Their headline development at a glance includes:
- 50,000 new homes to be delivered in the next 10 years
- GBP13 billion investment in building new homes
- 14,000 current pipeline
- Significant land buying capacity
Our client is looking to recruit a number of dynamic and professional Project Managers to oversee and integrate their Project Management, Design Management and Cost Planning activities.
You will be responsible for design & technical consulting and ensuring the pre-construction build ability necessary to convert a development brief into a design and de-risked solution that can be guaranteed and delivered by their contractors. The role is critical to the success of their development ambitions and is the glue between the development and construction process.
Key responsibilities include:
- To support the development objectives & commercial requirements, manage and co-ordinate the specialist, design, cost and pre-construction support services during the conversion phase of a project from its development inception (brief stage) to construction contract execution
- Responsible for managing project risks and opportunities which could impact cost/time/quality and deliverability of the project, contract negotiations and contract forms
- Responsible for co-ordination of required project resources including managing the process of consultant selection (facilitating the input of others) and managing the external design fee budget and internal resource budget during conversion
- Where Specialist Construction Design Management services are required, manage these services as part of the conversion process
- Manage the professional team selection process, including due diligence and recommendations
- Responsible for facilitation of establishing the Safety and Sustainability strategy for the project under management and delivering it with in the design and product created
- Ensure compliance with the brief/authority/financiers/customer requirements during the conversion stage
We are seeking managers with strong project management skills and the ability to support our client's development objectives & commercial requirements.
Essentially, this role represents the glue between the Development process and the Construction process and is essential in balancing the scheme development and ensuring the resolution of the many competing drivers that pull against the completion of a scheme meeting all its hurdles.
To fulfil the role, you are likely to be either working in a development company at present or from a strong construction consultancy project management background where you are working in the residential, commercial or infrastructure sector.
For the right candidate, they can offer an extremely competitive salary, along with generous car allowance, pension, bonus, family health cover, excellent pension scheme and a flexible holidays system.
This is an exciting time to join the company in its time of expansion that not only offers you the opportunity to develop your career but also offers the chance to develop your personal goals whilst working with emphasis on work life balance. If this is something you want to be a part of please apply now.