Avionic/Electrical - Air Safety Trainer
Avionic/Electrical - Air SafetyTrainer
Location: York, Yorkshire
About the role
Here at Babcock we are looking to recruit an Avionic/Electrical - Air Safety Trainer.
We require you to provide technical training on the Grob Tutor platform in the very short term, prior to transition to an wholly Air Safety Training based role, supporting the Air Safety Education and Training Strategy commencing May 2020
- Delivering Air Safety based training to Babcock employees throughout the UK, and occasionally to personnel of external organisations.
- Training delivered will include Human Factors, Continuation Training, Aviation Safety Management System, MAA and CAA Regulations eg Part M and Part 145 and Risk Management.
- The planning, design, development and production of training packages including; course syllabus presentations and training notes that meet customer, legislative and quality requirements.
- Maintenance of instructional standards, conduct exam analysis, student interviews and course debriefs.
- Liaise with the appropriate aviation industry and company departments, to remain aware of current procedures, changing trends and polices that are relevant to the trade specialisation.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need an Aviation based technical certification eg BTEC Level 3 or equivalent, recognised Instructor/Trainer Course eg BIT, TTT, experience at Supervisor level or above, experience in training delivery is desirable, experience in training and development of personnel is desirable and experience in an Air Safety environment and of CAA/MAA Regulations.
What else do I need to know?
All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you have completed this you will be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments.
Closing date: 25/08/2019