We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Solicitor to work within a leading charity, playing a key role offering legal advice and support.
Location: Based in Sidmouth, Devon - "an area of outstanding natural beauty"
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: GBP47,500 per annum
Benefits: Generous annual leave, pension scheme, Healthshield plan, confidential counselling service, subsidised restaurant, free parking, enhanced maternity/paternity benefits, Life Assurance Scheme, 31 day's holiday per year, inclusive of the 8 statutory public holidays. This increases by one day each year until a maximum of 34 days is reached.
Closing Date: Wednesday 21 August 2019
Interview Date: Thursday 29 August 2019
As Solicitor you will play a key role in safeguarding the reputation and assets of the charity, providing a diverse range of professional legal advice and support to stakeholders on both domestic and international matters.
An ambassador for collaborative cross-functional working, you will;
- Act as the first point of contact for a diverse range of business functions across the charity.
- Offer valuable support and guidance to other members of the Legal and Governance function.
- Advise the charity on legal matters.
- Work closely with external law firms (both in the UK and globally), ensuring the best legal support is obtained on specific/complex legal issues.
This role is offered as either a permanent contract or on a 2-year fixed term basis for those wishing to gain wider experience of the charity sector. When applying, please state your contractual preference within the supporting information section of the application form.
As the charity's Solicitor, you will
- Be UK qualified and possess substantial relevant post-qualification experience.
- Possess outstanding leadership, communication and problem solving skills.
- Have the ability to demonstrate integrity, tact and diplomacy when dealing with sensitive and confidential matters.
- Be able to draft/update a wide range of commercial contracts/key agreements and internal governance policies, ensuring the charity is kept abreast of all relevant new legal and regulatory developments.
- Be to understand and interpret complex legal information pertinent to the operations of a charity.
- provide commercial legal advice in a concise and clear manner.
- Have strong commercial and data protection legal expertise.
- Have a full valid driving licence.
If you feel you have the qualifications, skills and experience to fulfil this varied, rewarding and vital role, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please complete the on-line application form, which should include your uploaded curriculum vitae.
You can be part of an evolving program of change taking place within a leading charity working in an area of outstanding natural beauty. With amazing benefits and opportunities to develop you career, you can really make a difference in a fulfilling and rewarding role.
About the Organisation
Our client is one of the UK's largest international animal welfare charities, currently supporting projects in over 35 countries worldwide. They are working for a world where donkeys and mules live free from suffering and their contribution to humanity is fully valued.
"The Sanctuary is a positive place to work with friendly staff and a wonderful charity. With amazing work throughout the world, once you join you never want to leave!"
Our client is a Disability Confident Employer. They are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people (children and adults) and expects all staff and volunteers to undertake this commitment. Applicants will be subject to safer recruitment processes, including an application for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check where required for the post.
The role is being advertised by Not for Profit People.