Product Co-ordinator (Maternity Cover Contract)
- Full Time
Product Co-ordinator (Maternity Cover Contract)
cGBP25,000 per annum
We're mad about organic veg. It's at the heart of everything we do. We love to grow it, pack it into our iconic veg boxes, and deliver it to around 50,000 homes across the UK every week.
Riverford began in 1987, with one field of organic veg, a wheelbarrow, and a beaten-up 2CV for deliveries. We've grown into a thriving e-commerce business, with four organic farms, two packhouses, a fleet of vans and drivers, a wholesaler, a butchery and an award-winning restaurant. This requires loads of brilliant people; we employ in areas including IT, logistics, sales, HR, finance, marketing, and more besides!
We're a friendly, forward-thinking bunch, with strong values and a passionate, entrepreneurial spirit. 'Success' means much more than just profits; we strive to use the business as a force for good, balancing the needs of people and the planet, and guaranteeing a fair deal to all.
In 2018, Riverford became employee owned, ensuring our independence and protecting our values forever. Working for Riverford makes you a 'co-owner'; every individual is valued, and every voice is heard. Join us and live life on the veg.
What you'll be doing
We're famous for our fantastic range of veg boxes - but alongside this, our website offers a wide range of 100% organic, ethically sourced food and drink.
We want to source and create new products that are ethical, on-brand, and ultimately really exciting and engaging for our customers. You will support our New Product Development (NPD) Manager through the entire lifecycle of launching a new product; from generating ideas, through to ensuring compliance and technical specs are in place, then successfully launching the product to our customers. You'll be exposed to a huge range of categories, so the work will always be varied and interesting - and perhaps even better, you'll be the person getting to taste test it all!
Food must inspire you. This isn't a role for someone who is complacent about what they eat and where it comes from. You'll be part of an incredible product journey, so you will need to have some experience of product development, have good commercial understanding, and demonstrate sound insight into what our customers want to see in our range.
This is a fixed term contract from October 2019 until January 2021. Working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
- Assist NPD Manager with product launches
- Take responsibility for and lead certain ranges from concept to launch as per the NPD calendar
- Co-ordinate product launches using critical paths
- Lead taste panels for new, existing and competitor products
- Create outline product costings, margins and RSP
- Carry out comparative shops to show competitors' ranges / pricings / portion sizes
- Obtain samples and brief the Marketing Team about new and seasonal products
- Co-ordinate photography to produce product and promotional shots
- Brief the copywriter to produce product copy for the website
- Work with the Technical Team to research supplier's ethics, ensuring they meet Riverford standards
- Manage label artwork and sign off processes
- Understand our customers' needs and expectations
- Create and support NPD Manager with category reviews, comp shop and market insight
- Respond to enquiries from potential suppliers, franchisees and customer services
- Maintain accurate records and documentation e.g. product specifications
- Build strong relationships across the business to confidently co-ordinate all product activity
Skills & experience
- Experience of New Product Development, ideally within FMCG
- Related degree level qualification preferred, but on-the-job experience is also valid
- Project management / managing multiple projects
- Experience of working with suppliers
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams
- Confident and articulate
- Commercial acumen and good standard of Excel
- Proactive self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills, able to prioritise and multitask
- Passionate foodie
- Confident communicator with excellent team working skills, good at getting people engaged and motivated
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Tirelessly seek to find better ways things can be done e.g. process, documentation, website
- Confident and efficient operation of our in-house IT systems
- A brand ambassador, ensure our values are reflected in our products, communications and behaviour
Other companies may call this role Product Development Co-ordinator, Product Development Manager, Project Manager, Project Delivery Manager, Product Delivery Co-ordinator or Food Product Development Co-ordinator.
Riverford is a beautiful place to work, with lots of great people - and other benefits too.
- 33 days' holiday pro rata (including bank holidays)
- Generous company pension scheme
- Annual profit share; 10% of all our profits are split equally between all co-owners
- 25% off everything we sell
- Heavily discounted organic breakfasts and lunches, home-cooked by our chefs
- Free organic fruit and veg!
- Enhanced maternity / paternity
- Lots of free co-owner events, from cooking lessons and BBQs, to two massive parties a year
So, if you're seeking your next step as a Product Co-ordinator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.