Demand & Forecasting Analyst
Demand and Forecasting Analyst
GBP25 -GBP30K per anum + Excellent Benefits Package
Venatu Recruitment Group are currently working on an exciting opportunity for a Demand and Forecasting Analyst to join a very well established, progressive and innovative global company based in Doncaster.
Situated in a modern working environment this people focussed employer can offer an attractive package which includes 25 days + stats holiday increasing with length of service, birthday day off, bonus scheme, flexible working, pension, life assurance, subsidised healthcare, retail discounts, eye care and employee recognition scheme.
- Accurately forecast demand for a specific set of product categories across multiple European stock locations.
- Work with the Demand Manager to identify and implement operational improvements around forecast accuracy, customer order flow, and inventory management.
- Develop business analytics and procedures to streamline the flow of products from procurement through shipment to customer (product life cycle).
- Coordinate and calculate the forecasted needs by item, warehouse, and key customer(s) for a specific set of categories within the organisation. This data will drive the supply chain purchases for sale to customers.
- Work with Sales, Product Marketing, and Supply Chain Management to ensure the most accurate forecast for their particular product category utilizing POS trends, history, promotional plans, and product sourcing.
- Work with multi-site customer service / sales teams, product marketing and supply chain to review late notice forecasts / exceptional demands.
- Responsible for the running and maintenance of key analytical tools across the forecasting database. Analyse outputs and action accordingly to ensure forecast accuracy is maximised.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of monthly key performance indicators. Review and deep dive data as necessary in order to provide analytical data to stakeholders.
- Ensure all forecasting databases accurately reflect the latest product attributes eg; discontinued stock dates, supersessions, ABC codes and cost/price information.
- Data management within multiple systems, to ensure accurate reporting and analytics across the global business.
- Work with the EU Demand Manager and US counterparts to identify and implement process improvements / tools, which ensure overall forecast accuracy objectives are achieved.
- Fully support the activities of the European Demand Manager, working to tight timelines at short notice as required.
- Work in collaboration with the other employees to ensure continuous improvement and effective business decisions.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience in supply chain, operations or business management.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a related field. Preferable experience within a manufacturer/distributor with overseas manufacturing.
- Excellent computer literacy including advanced use of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of Oracle and Demand Solution product suite would be an advantage.
- Excellent business analytics and data management skills/reporting.
- Strong knowledge of business operations, supply chain, and logistics are an essential requirement.
- Excellent communicator and able to work across multiple disciplines in a collaborative manner.
- Able to prioritise workload and work to strict deadlines.