Community Link Worker
Community Link Worker
Catalyst is a non-profit organisation working with people who are dealing with issues stemming from drug and alcohol misuse and mental health needs. We believe in peoples' ability to change and are proud of our non-judgmental ethos.
Purpose of Job
- To support and equip people with a range of tools to manage their own health and wellbeing; promoting healthier lifestyles and raising the awareness of the concept of 'wellbeing' and good mental health within an integrated care pathway.
- To take responsibility for all aspects of delivery of activities and support to maintain and/or provide clients with their own sense of wellbeing. This will be through a range of community based activities and interventions, which are complementary to and reduce the need for services offered by the statutory sector.
- The post is full time for 35 hours a week - some weekend or evening work may be required, but flexible working will be considered.
- To support clients in identifying their needs and goals and facilitate the development of personal support with clients
- To carry out assessments, risk assessments, review support plans where required, and manage onward referral if appropriate.
- To ensure records are maintained both electronically and on paper where appropriate in line with Catalyst policies.
- To complete the Recovery Star with clients and to undertake regular reviews and record outcomes.
- To provide a range of motivational and structured psycho-social interventions to promote health and wellbeing.
- To refer clients to partner agency groups and activities linked to client needs.
- To liaise with statutory and voluntary sector partners to set up new groups and co-facilitate groups and activities with partners as and when required.
- To provide continuity throughout recovery, for example engaging with a person from a point of crisis, engaging the client with Safe Haven, accessing Community Mental Health Recovery Service (CMHRS), providing support for those engaged with and leaving CMHRS as well as linking into local wellbeing services and activities.
- To support clients to engage with mainstream activities to support their wellbeing.
- To act as an ambassador for the client group and for Catalyst.
Qualifications and experience:
A diploma or degree in appropriate subject i.e. counselling, psychology, social work, probation, mental health, Health and Social Care (level 3) and/or a minimum of 1 years community experience of mental health, wellbeing, behaviour change work with adults.
- Flexible working hours
- Cash Plan Health Scheme
- Staff Discounts Scheme
- Mobile phone and Laptop as necessary
- Pension Scheme
- Competitive salary
- Generous Holiday entitlement