Engineering Supervisor South
To supervise the Southern Mobile Engineering Team at mobile sites, ensure resources and systems to ensure the Engineers maintains a high-quality Service, at all times in line with Company Policies, Regulatory Standards and Statutory guidelines, deadlines and requirements.
To contribute as part of the Management Team to the future direction of the business and to achievement of the company's Strategic Vision and Mission. To promote and role model the agreed Values of the organisation. To ensure that all staff undertakes their duties in compliance with company policies and procedures at all times.
To work under the direction of the Engineering Manager (UK) to ensure that the necessary resources are allocated to meet Departmental requirements and standards in order to provide excellent levels of customer service at all times.
To work with the Engineering Manager (UK) to ensure that cost effective and value added solutions are in place to meet customer needs. To ensure that a safe and healthy work environment exists by adhering to company health, safety and environment policies, and ensure full compliance with relevant legislation. To deliver all the requirements of Company policies
- Alongside the Engineering Manager, control, minimise and investigate engineering downtime and repeat work order recalls
- To ensure that engineers paperwork is fit for purpose and used effectively so information is easily accessible (shared drive) legible, relevant, up to date and meets legal requirements
- Alongside the Engineering Manager, ensure that compliance systems are robust and all activities are well documented to meet with any internal and external audit requirements
- To ensure that effective scheduling systems are in place for vehicle maintenance to minimise engineering downtime & maximise resources
- To regularly review departmental performance and recommend to the Engineer Manager (UK) ways to improve the function and business outcomes
- To ensure call out rotas are up to date and manned effectively
- Ensure timely delivery of all required paperwork, and quality matches company needs
- To help build a high performing and productive engineering team with an ASPIRE culture. With the Engineering Manager (UK), take responsibility for coaching, mentoring and development of staff
- Alongside the Engineering Manager (UK), recruit and develop new staff for the department in line with company procedures and standards
- To act as technical / engineering support for the engineering team, ensuring that staff have the skills and knowledge required for the job
- As set out by the Engineering Manager (UK), communicate clear and well understood team targets and communicate progress made
- To monitor performance in the department and take action when necessary to improve performance levels
- To ensure that staff appraisals are carried out on a regular basis
- To aid the Engineering Manager (UK), ensure all HR issues are dealt with expediently and in line with company policies and procedures
- At the request of the Engineering Manager (UK), monitor expenditure and recommend solutions that provide the best value for money
- At the request of the Engineering Manager (UK), oversee the procurement of equipment, Tools, job materials, van & site stock levels
Health and Safety compliance
- To ensure Engineer housekeeping is to the highest standard and all equipment & vehicles are in a good working order
- To undertake & maintain appropriate risk assessments
- To instil and maintain a strong health and safety culture amongst the Engineering team
- To take part in corporate employee initiatives such as Everyone has a voice to ensure that good communication channels exist between engineering and operations
- Essential - A relevant Engineering qualification at NVQ 3 or appropriate equivalent experience.
- IOSH Managing Safely qualification
- Proven track record and experience of supervising building service engineers.
- Understanding of health and safety legislation and best practice.
- Experience of fleet management at tracking software systems.
- As a manager, supervisor or professional member of staff within the company, you are required to meet a number of common standards of behaviour, accountabilities and outcomes.
- Ensuring your personal behaviour is consistent with company Values and the company Code of Conduct at all times.
- Comprehensively familiarising yourself with, staying up to date with and ensuring compliance with all.
- Company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Previous people management experience.
- Strong decision making.
- Planning and Organising.
- Influence and Impact.
- Working as part of a Team.
- Strong attention to Detail.
- Good time Management.
- Budgetary Control.
- Project Management.
- Performance Review/Appraisal Skills.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making.
- Meetings Management.
- Communication Skills.