Working mainly for a SME Civil Engineering Contractor in a freindly environment.The successful candidate will be responsible for the daily running of the accounts and administration function, working as part of a small team. Must have a pro-active attitude to the task in hand, with the ability to work unsupervised, use their initiative and multi task.
The job has many elements so good organisation skills are essential. A flexible attitude is required. Excellent knowledge of excel and sage are essential. Knowledge of the construction industry would be an advantage. Minimum AAT qualified preferred. You will be responsible for the following:-
- All aspects of payroll for 3 companies using sage, including pensions and year end.
- CIS returns and ensuring compliance
- Preparation of credit card expense schedules
- Preparation of month end journals, to pruduce a monthend management pack to include Balance sheet, P&L forecast and cash flow forecast. Using sage and excel. For 3 companies.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- VAT returns
- Supplier payments
- Controlling purchase orders
- Raising sales invoices
- Maintaining cashbook and bank reconciliations
- Maintaining company accreditations
- Ensuring all insurances are kept up to date and relevant
- Overseeing training and vehicles and ensuring compliance
- Assisting with audits and stock inventory
Closing date for applicants Friday 30th August 2019.