Payroll Administrator - Public Sector
Payroll Assistant - GBP10.33-GBP11.63 an hour (Inside IR35) - Initially 3 months - Livingston
We are currently looking for a Payroll Assistant to join a Public Sector Organisation for an initial 3 month period with the possibility of an extension to 31 May 2020. The role is inside IR35 with starting pay point of GBP10.33 per hour (GBP19,389.82 per annum), rising to a maximum point of GBP11.63 per hour (GBP21,829.98 per annum).
You will be assisting in the process of calculating and disbursing salaries for employees, pensioners and other individuals approved by the organisation.
Duties will include:
- The accurate update of payroll related information to the HR/Payroll systems including, but not limited to, processing of new starts, leavers and changes, timesheets, and student loan deductions.
- Calculating and process sickness and maternity/paternity/adoption payments.
- Processing and reconciliation of pay runs, reviewing exception reports, checking integrity of figures and process any non BACS payments.
- Update of statutory information received from HMRC.
- Calculation of payroll advances and adjustments.
- Work with spreadsheets and other software and reporting tools.
- Investigating and resolving under/overpayments in line with company policy.
- Prepare pension documentation as required by both the local government and teachers pension schemes.
- Dealing with enquiries from employees and statutory bodies. Complete enquiry forms for relevant agencies within agreed timescales.
- Record and process verbal/email enquiries from the HR/Payroll helpline on a rotated basis, referring to appropriate officer as required.
- Educated to higher level or equivalent.
- Experience of working within a busy and fast paced Payroll department
- Knowledge of payroll processes and statutory regulations.
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Tact, diplomacy and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Understanding of the GDPR
- Conversant with Inland Revenue and DSS regulations.
- Excellent PC and keyboard skills.
- Experience of using HR/Payroll data base CHRIS21 or iTrent
- Experience of local authority/public sector payroll
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.