Senior SEO Specialist
Working for a market leader in information technologies, our client offers a solution-centric portfolio that helps professionals across many industries to understand their environment.
Reporting to the Global Digital Director the Senior SEO Specialist will be responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of an effective search engine optimisation strategy. The overall goal of the SEO strategy is to increase relevant traffic to the global company website in a highly competitive B2B environment.
You will be responsible for ensuring that all SEO performance is monitored on an ongoing basis, and that regular checks are in place to track performance against set targets. Where there are fluctuations you will diagnose and adjust the SEO strategy accordingly.
Whilst this is a hands-on role, you will provide leadership and guidance for internal contributors, teammates and executives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, own and implement the company's global SEO strategy.
- Formulate a plan to improve SEO content and increase relevant traffic to the website
- Deliver projects including technical SEO, site audits, keyword research, competitor analysis, backlink analysis and more
- Research, analyse and gain full understanding of the competitive landscape in the industry to provide insight to competition site structures, funnels, link profiles, and overall performance with the goal to enhance the company's standing
- Successfully lead proactive strategy campaigns, paid or otherwise
- Work with marketing teams to drive SEO in content creation and content programming and uncover additional opportunities
- Optimise copy and landing pages for search engine marketing and make those changes in different platforms
- Identify global content opportunities, estimate traffic impact forecasts for those opportunities and develop effective content campaigns together with global marketing specialists.
- Create a bespoke monthly reporting structure which shows the impact of the SEO strategy
- Articulate SEO requirements and create plans of how to best deliver on those SEO requirements
- Continuously work on the optimisation of these SEO campaigns.
- Work with the digital development team to ensure SEO best practices are property implemented on newly developed code
- Review technical SEO issues and implement changes to improve site architecture and page content, including continuous bug/break monitoring
- Proactive cleanup of old site such as removing or replacing bad links, tags, categories, descriptions, writings etc
- Communication to team and leadership on project development, times and results
- Proficiency in Google Analytics (GAIQ preferred)
- In depth experience of common SEO and keyword research tools such as Search Metrics, SEM Rush, Majestic, Open Site Explorer, Google Keyword Planner etc.
- Experience in Google Search Console (essential)
- Working knowledge of development languages, such as HTML,
- Workable knowledge of Content Management Systems
- Fluent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel)
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years' work SEO experience within a large organisation
- Excellent knowledge of SEO content ranking factors
- Experience of developing and implementing the SEO strategy; working with a clear and defined set of KPIs
- Experience in the delivery of projects including technical SEO, site audits, keyword research, competitor analysis, backlink analysis and more
- Experience of working across other digital marketing / media platforms including PPC (Google Ads)
- Experience in building inbound organic search traffic and improving search engine results pages
- Background in creating reports showing web analytics data and site evaluations
- Experience managing and analysing large data sets and performing retroactive cleanup of site as related to SEO and search
- Proven success in link building and viral strategies
- Proven performance in the development of editorial content and social media strategies as related to SEO
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to generate new ideas
- A proactive approach, ability to prioritise workload and deliver against performance goals and KPIs
- Ability to work within a team player
- Must be exceptionally data driven / analytical so they can spot patterns and trends in the data and therefore predict customer behaviour
- Can-do attitude and resilience
- Analytical, methodical, technical, creative, excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with large matrix
This role will be based in Milton Keynes although some domestic and international travel may be required.