Contracts/Commercial Administrator - Permanent - Gloucestershire - GBP20,000 - GBP25,000
- Our clients are looking for A graduate level commercial/contracts administrator based in Gloucestershire with either a business/law or economics degree.
- Someone with good aptitude, rich CV in terms of work experience, training, voluntary work.
- Someone who is in the early part of their career who wants to learn/grow.
- Must have energy, enthusiasm and willingness to grow.
- Self starter, pro-active and take ownership for own development/learning. Happy to work within a small team, flexible with good attention to detail.
Roles and Responsibilities of Contracts/Commercial Administrator:
- You will be responsible for administration of IT Development & Services contracts together with supporting the Commercial Manager in bidding into Crown Service & MoD Framework Contracts and their subsequent task orders. Contracts are typically of a high value with critical schedules involving levels of complexity and contract change activity.
- The post holder will support the Commercial Manager in negotiating and make binding decisions on behalf of the company, subject to appropriate approvals, and supports the commercial interface with customers, suppliers and internal organisations on assigned programmes.
- The post holder will also be required to assist the Commercial Manager in developing, compiling, reviewing and submitting new business proposals in accordance with the Cyber Solutions growth agenda.
Administer straight forward acquisitions and requisitions:
- Have a basic knowledge of the types of Contracts and a thorough commercial knowledge and understanding of assigned programmes
- Ensures Terms and Conditions are being adhered to
- Liaison with internal organisations, customers and suppliers in support of above at working level
- Organise and maintain contract files
- Ensure timeliness of all contract actions including document reviews, contract summaries and contract close out in a complete and timely manner
- Keep leads, team leads and/or managers appraised of current issues and their mitigation/resolution.
Undertake straight forward source selection in support of the above:
- Request For Quotes (RFQ)/Invitation To Tenders (ITT):
- Supplier identification
- Vetting of responses
- Make recommendations to lead, team lead or manager (as appropriate) in regards to the outcome of the selection process, including identification of any risks or alternatives associated with the selection.
Carry out basic negotiations in support of the above:
- Basic negotiations completed in a reasonable time
- Assist in the preparation of negotiation plan for more complex negotiations
- Participate as a team member in support of fact findings, negotiations and follow-up activity for more complex negotiations.
- Provide assistance to the Commercial Manager as directed in support of the management of complex contracts.
- Required to possess and demonstrate basic analytical, planning and negotiation skills.
- The post holder would be expected to work under supervision based on detailed instructions.
- Reports to the Commercial Manager.
- Prepares and/or assists in preparation of correspondence, presentations, reports and/or contract summaries.
- Shall be cognisant of all relevant processes.
- Undertake additional responsibilities as assigned.
Required skills, qualifications and experience for Contracts/Commercial Administrator:
- The post holder will need to hold a relevant degree and relevant work related experience would be an advantage.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you GBP250 of Love to Shop Gift Vouchers!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC or willing to undergo. If you do not hold an active SC or willing to undergo please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2019.