Sopra Steria Recruitment is working in partnership with a major Private Sector client in the UK. We are currently recruiting for an role of Press Officer for 6 months of contract based in London.
skills (including specialist skills) and/or knowledge required
- An excellent news sense in terms of anticipating stories and coming up with media plans that will engage journalists.
- A proven track record of working on proactive announcements, launches and campaigns.
- A talent in developing and nurturing excellent contacts with the media and external stakeholders.
- Good writing skills - you can turn around clean, crisp copy in plain English to tight deadlines
- Good oral communications skills combined with the confidence to deal with people at all levels.
- The confidence and skills to quickly get to grips with our agenda and build knowledge of our organisation.
- Ability to persuade others of the benefits of your recommendations or negotiate with others.
- An awareness of political context in making communications choices.
Qualifications and Experience required
- Educated to degree level and/or a relevant professional qualification.
- Public sector experience, either in local or central government (desirable).
Please Note: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via Call/Email.
Apply now to know more.
Sopra Steria Recruitment is committed to barrier-free and inclusive recruitment. We are a Disability Confident recruiter, and a RIDI 100 and Business Disability Forum partner organization.
Should you choose to contact Sopra Steria Recruitment regarding this role or apply for it, all personal data you submit to us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which you can find on our website